@error

Odewallrus

Ok… I apologize for the really basic newb question, but is someone could assist I would appreaciate it.

I am using _LargeFileCopy and want to log errors to a gui log. The _LargeFileCopy returns 1 on success and 0 on failed and if failed sets @error. How can I log the actual error returned to my gui log. Here is what i have and is obviously not working out for me.

; Return values..:  Success     - 1
;                   Failure     - 0 and sets @error
;                               | 1 - Failed to open source file, or source was a directory
;                               | 2 - Destination file exists and overwrite flag not set
;                               | 3 - Failed to create destination file
;                               | 4 - Read error during copy
;                               | 5 - Write error during copy
;                               | 6 - Verify failed

For $f = 1 to $FilesArray[0]
$Answer = _LargeFileCopy($FilesArray[$f], '\\' & $aHosts[$n][1] & '\' & $aHosts[$n][3] & '\' & $DestDir, True, False, True, "1", Default, $CALG_MD5)
if $Answer = 1 then GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Sucess: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f])
if $Answer = 0 then GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Failed: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f] & '' & @error)
Next

Try this:

$hGuiLog = FileOpen($GuiLog, 1) ; Opens it for appending data to the file
$Answer = _LargeFileCopy($FilesArray[$f], '\\' & $aHosts[$n][1] & '\' & $aHosts[$n][3] & '\' & $DestDir, True, False, True, "1", Default, $CALG_MD5)
if $Answer = 1 then FileWriteLine($hGuiLog, 'Success: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f])
if $Answer = 0 then FileWriteLine($hGuiLog, 'Failed: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f] & '' & @error)
Next
FileClose($hGuiLog)
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try this:

$hGuiLog = FileOpen($GuiLog, 1) ; Opens it for appending data to the file
if $Answer = 1 then FileWriteLine($hGuiLog, 'Success: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f])
if $Answer = 0 then FileWriteLine($hGuiLog, 'Failed: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f] & '' & @error)
Next
FileClose($hGuiLog)

I am getting the log written with everything except the @error value at the end when a failure occurs. Currently the GUI log is a GUICtrlCreateList on the GUI itself.

then try this:

$myError = @error
if $Answer = 1 then GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Sucess: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f])
if $Answer = 0 then GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Failed: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f] & '' & $myError)

or this should also work:

_LargeFileCopy($FilesArray[$f], '\\' & $aHosts[$n][1] & '\' & $aHosts[$n][3] & '\' & $DestDir, True, False, True, "1", Default, $CALG_MD5)
if @error then
   GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Failed: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f] & '' & @error)
else
   GUICtrlSetData($GuiLog, 'Sucess: ' & $aHosts[$n][1] & ' ' & $FilesArray[$f])
endif

@error is reset after every function call, in this case after FileWriteLine's.

Edited by linus

Try setting a variable to the @error value and use that variable instead of the actual @error macro. It's possible it's grabbing the @error for some other command you're using such as the GUICtrlSetData function. I haven't tested it that way, but it's possible.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try setting a variable to the @error value and use that variable instead of the actual @error macro. It's possible it's grabbing the @error for some other command you're using such as the GUICtrlSetData function. I haven't tested it that way, but it's possible.

That worked for me.

Does someone have a code example of how to use the $sFunction parameter in _LargeFileCopy. I am trying to learn how to incorporate a (multiple… current file and total files) progress bars into my app.