Screen Capture Server

dexto

View Remote Screen Over Browser (MotionJPEG)

Its not fast but faster then UltraVNC when it comes to games of movies.

Instructions:

- Make sure nothing is using port 80 on the "server"

- Run ScrServ.exe on the "server"

- Type "http://" & $server_name & "/" into browser (tested on firefox)

- MJPEG steream shuld start and you will see remote screen

- ScrServ.exe on the "server" will close after you close the page

I'm sharing this for two reasons: improvement (much needed) and to give back to a great community (thx for much help in past projects)

ScrServ.au3

ScrServ.exe

May be the community is sleeping...Posted Image

What's the utility of your script ?

Common... opening MJPEG real time streaming just by typing the stream address... I don't know about others but I find it exciting! ;) For one this script can be adopted to use UDP instead of TCP protocol effectively making it an instant masticating screen casting presentation station ( sounds colorful too).

Why when I start script nothing happens ? Posted Image

i don't see any gui or menu...

No GUI because its not really necessary. Only thing you would need to do is open your Firefox and type the computer name of IP in the address bar. The only two things that could be useful to adjust are size of the Frame and JPEG quality in %. I just didn't feel like I need GUI to do those two things. (Or may be I just wanted to use it to spy on someone..?) (evil) Then again the script is ready to be toyed with since its fairly straight forward.

dexto,

Nicely done! can you tell me which line to edit in the source, to not let the server die as user close the browser session, and continue listening for next connection?

Thanks!

Giving you 5 stars!

Thanks! Remove "Exit" (line 60) after the line that says "_StartStream($ConnectedSocket)"

This is actually really cool..one thought though, you might want to add support for dual monitors.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

No, it only shows the primary monitor (Dual monitors at work).

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Thanks! Remove "Exit" (line 60) after the line that says "_StartStream($ConnectedSocket)"

This work by preventing server from dying, however as soon I re-establish connection... it'll just keep attempting to load as if it's still waiting for the server to response with streaming feed. I suspect it may have to do with connection not being drop properly?

Edited by firestrife23

How about if you change Globals $iW and $iH (lines 22,23) to:

Global $iW = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(78) + 1
Global $iH = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(79) + 1

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724385.aspx

Awesome - That did it.

This work by preventing server from dying, however as soon I re-establish connection... it'll just keep attempting to load as if it's still waiting for the server to response with streaming feed. I suspect it may have to do with connection not being drop properly?

I was hoping that this is a bug in a script and unfortunately its a fault on the Firefox side from what I can see. For some reason if you press "Stop" Firefox will stop the connection and then after a second of a delay will connect to a stream in the background again! and will stay connected until you close the Firefox. On the other hand if you close the tab while is streaming Firefox will behave properly.

Now, I wrote the version of the script just now that resets a current connection if it finds another connection incoming (aka reset Firefox connected in the background if you try to connect to the stream again) but it dose not feel right... if you still want that version of the script let me know.

Looks good but I cannot understand much from the photo.

LE: And take a look in TaskManager at Commit Charge.

Quality of the JPEG can be changed at "DllStructSetData($_GtData, "Quality", 80)" 80% currently.

Dimensions of the picture can be changed by changing:

Global $iWa = $iW / 2
Global $iHa = $iH / 2

Currently Half of the original screen size.

As far as Commit Charge

It loads the screen BITMAP, processing it and disposing it.

Good thing its cleaning BITMAPs properly... can you imagine haw fast would it fill RAM if it was leaking? ;)

Edited by dexto

I was hoping that this is a bug in a script and unfortunately its a fault on the Firefox side from what I can see. For some reason if you press "Stop" Firefox will stop the connection and then after a second of a delay will connect to a stream in the background again! and will stay connected until you close the Firefox. On the other hand if you close the tab while is streaming Firefox will behave properly.

Now, I wrote the version of the script just now that resets a current connection if it finds another connection incoming (aka reset Firefox connected in the background if you try to connect to the stream again) but it dose not feel right... if you still want that version of the script let me know.

You're right, I just found this snippet of codes in my autoit collection (I can't remember who to give credit to...) anyway this one will allow more than 1 connections. Feel free to reuse any part of this codes and hope this will help.

#Include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <inet.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#Include <Constants.au3>

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 0)

Global $CURRENT_SOCKET 
Global $CONNECTED_SOCKET[3]
Global $TCP_SERVER
Global $SPLIT, $RECV

$accept = TrayCreateItem("Accept Incoming")
TrayCreateItem("")
$stop = TrayCreateItem("Stop Connection")
TrayCreateItem("")
$close = TrayCreateItem("Close")

TraySetState()

While 1    
$msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select      
        Case $msg = $accept         
            ReConnect()
        Case $msg = $stop
            Stop()
        Case $msg = $close
            Close()
    EndSelect
    $CONNECTED_SOCKET[$CURRENT_SOCKET] = TCPAccept($TCP_SERVER)         
        If $CONNECTED_SOCKET[$CURRENT_SOCKET] <> -1 Then            
            $CURRENT_SOCKET += 1            
            If $CURRENT_SOCKET = 2 Then
                TCPCloseSocket($CONNECTED_SOCKET[$CURRENT_SOCKET])
                MsgBox(64, "Warning!", "Server is now Full!")           
            EndIf
        EndIf       
    For $INDEX = 0 To 2
        $RECV = TCPRecv($CONNECTED_SOCKET[$INDEX],512)
    Next

Wend

Func ReConnect()
    TCPShutdown()
        $TCP = TCPStartup()
    $TCP_SERVER = TCPListen(@IPAddress1,7000,16)
    $CURRENT_SOCKET = 0
ENdFunc

Func Stop()

TCPCloseSocket($CONNECTED_SOCKET[$CURRENT_SOCKET])
    TCPCloseSocket($TCP_SERVER)
    TCPShutdown()   

EndFunc
Edited by firestrife23

You're right, I just found this snippet of codes in my autoit collection (I can't remember who to give credit to...) anyway this one will allow more than 1 connections. Feel free to reuse any part of this codes and hope this will help.

Since you mentioned I rewrote it so that it allows multiple connections.

Also, added connection denial of 5 sec. after connection was dropped by the browser (helps to deal with Firefox connecting in the background)

We have to keep in mind that AutoIT is an enemy of multi-threading (popper way to handle TCP) and thus enemy of multi anything.

So, I don't like the code with TCP multiple connections... but it works...

P.S. I would LOVE to see AutotIT add Process_Fork() function ;)

ScrServMulti.au3

Edited by dexto

Boredom has set in at work this morning, so I added a function to detect multiple monitors and added it to your script:

Func:

Func _DualMonitor()
    $strComputer = "."
    $temp = 0
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
    & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

$colComputers = $objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_DesktopMonitor")

For $objComputer in $colComputers
        $temp +=1
    Next
    If $temp > 1 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_DualMonitor

And changed this at the top:

If _DualMonitor () Then
    Global $iW = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(78) + 1
    Global $iH = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(79) + 1
Else
    Global $iW = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(0) + 1
    Global $iH = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(1) + 1
EndIf
Edited by LurchMan

Since you mentioned I rewrote it so that it allows multiple connections.

Also, added connection denial of 5 sec. after connection was dropped by the browser (helps to deal with Firefox connecting in the background)

We have to keep in mind that AutoIT is an enemy of multi-threading (popper way to handle TCP) and thus enemy of multi anything.

So, I don't like the code with TCP multiple connections... but it works...

P.S. I would LOVE to see AutotIT add Process_Fork() function ;)

It's working perfectly! sometime dirty hack is necessary to get desirable outcome.

10+ would love to see AutoIT to become multi-thread friendly and hopefully will not be prone to race condition exploits *very common with multi-thread applications* Of course it's all in developer's hand if it was coded poorly.

Thanks again!

Edited by firestrife23