Just joined and ive a couple of questions

Chimaera

Hi all

Just joined and installed Autoit

My work has all been in Cmd prior to this and whilst Autoit seems very complicated to me at this moment, im curious on a couple or three points

Can my cmd scripts be converted into Autoit?

Ive already opened one inside it and it looks ok but it throws an error if i try and do anything like compile it etc

Or am i looking at a total rewrite?

Does the GUI side get written into the same script or do i need different things to make a GUI?

The end result for me would be to be able to make a more professional version of my CMD scripts i use for work,

possibly with better protection and looking at the GUI examples more than likely better options that i cannot do in Cmd.

So before i start the process of trying to get my head round this can Autoit do these things that im after?

More to come no doubt ;o~)

Many thanks for any replys

Chimaera

Edited by Chimaera

Welcome to the community. I've done this same thing with several of my scripts. If you can post your code we can help you better. Though I can go ahead and answer a few of your questions. Unfortunately you will need to rewrite the majority of your scripts into Autoit, using its functions and commands. It sounds a little daunting, but its really quite simple once you get used to the code. Also, I typically include all my GUI code in with my main program. I'll usually create it as its own function, that way it is easy to reference. Though once you get the hang of autoit, you will love it.

Im not trying to be rude but its a work script and whilst i wrote it over a long period of time i cant be posting it unless i have permission

I just need the general overview atm because there is no point in me trying to learn this if it will not help especially now im getting on in yrs lol

Edited by Chimaera

You will most likely be able to re-wrire your scripts to au3 and if you cant, you can have an au3 gui run them transparently.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, Autoit is up to the job no doubt.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks for the advice guys

Looks like a rewrite is on the cards ;o(

Well in order to move up a level it will be ;o)

I notice quite a bit to do with silent installs around the web and on here which will help with another of my files, sort of an IT tech pack of programs and tech tools i use for machines

so i can see a mod of that will prob be inevitable

Lots of reading ahead i can see

Thanks again for the help

Chimaera

Thanks MPH i had a look at it but it wouldn't let me view them without i installed the "Beta" version which i didn't want to do just in case it didnt match the stuff im trying to learn