Detect data usage ???

AlienStar

There are counters like Win32_PerfFormattedData_Tcpip_NetworkInterface in WMI that AutoIt can use via the COM interface.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Try Network Usage (bytes sent/received) using my Performance Counters UDF. Any WMI interface with Win32_Perf is probably available (in a faster form) using my UDF.

*edit: actually, that's for overall network performance. There are however Performance Counters for things like IP, TCP and UDP that could possibly be used to calculate the network performance.. though I'm not sure what 'segments/datagrams per second' means in terms of bytes

Edited by Ascend4nt

Try Network Usage (bytes sent/received) using my Performance Counters UDF. Any WMI interface with Win32_Perf is probably available (in a faster form) using my UDF.

*edit: actually, that's for overall network performance. There are however Performance Counters for things like IP, TCP and UDP that could possibly be used to calculate the network performance.. though I'm not sure what 'segments/datagrams per second' means in terms of bytes

thanks Ascend4nt for help

I test this code :

Example #5: Network Usage

but I faced a problem :

when I run the script it send Error :

Line 291 (File "C:\Program Files(x86)\Autoit3\Include\_PDH_PerformanceCounters.au3"):

OnAutoItExitRegister("_PDH_UnInit")

^ERROR

Error : Unknown function name .

Note : I use windows 7 x64 home premium

so please help me

Also PsaltyDS thanks for help

but would you explain more ;)

Edited by AlienStar

AlienStar,

First, please edit your post and remove my code from it. Its part of my license agreement, which brings me to my second point:

You must download the actual UDF. I posted a link to the example. The UDF is linked to in the first post in that thread (that's where you'll see the License agreement). You can simply click the link in my signature for it.

*edit: err.. it looks like you didn't extract the files properly actually. Make sure you extract them with their own subfolders.

Remember also the example is for network usage, not specifically internet usage.

thanks

Edited by Ascend4nt