Confused about CUI

rogata

I admit it. I'm stumped. I've read everything I can find in the documentation, the FAQ, and the forums, and I still can't figure it out.

Given the following simple script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=Y

ConsoleWrite("Test" & @CRLF)

... if I choose Tools->Compile in SciTE Lite, open a cmd.exe command window, navigate the to the directory where the exe is, then run the exe, shouldn't I see Test output in the command window? Because I'm not, and it's driving me mad.

• Developers

Load the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer else you don't have the AutoIt3Wrapper script functionality.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Its not really about SciTE.exe itself which is "more or less" the same but it is all the other utilities that come with SciTE4AutoIt3 that makes it useful.

There are a couple of reasons for having separate installers. Jon maintains the AutoIt3 installer and I maintain the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and many of its utilities and since the release schedule is totally different, there is not much use of creating one big installer and hog the available bandwidth.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)