Set IVR command string, then have the script send the numbers

Hi,

Thank you to the people who contributed (or just wished me well!) on the script in the signature below.

Now, I have a new question, really it's an old question but was left waaay on the back-burner until the more important functions were worked out.

If

$IVRNumber = 123444

or

$IVRNumber = "123444"

How is autoit set-up to use one number at a time, sequentially, when sending the ($IVRNumber) conference access code commands? It seems like an array which gets fed to a function.

Thanks.

don't think i'm a freeloader. your help has been effective! here's the script contributed - thank you creator and thank you members and thank you authors of autoit!Call Conference Dial-in Script updated from time to time.

Remarks

If you use a blank string "" for the delimiters, each character will be returned as an element.

Going on the example:

$days = StringSplit("12323", "")

$days[1] contains "1"

$days[2] contains "2"

$days[3] contains "3"

$days[4] contains "2"

$days[5] contains "3"

Whaddya think?

don't think i'm a freeloader. your help has been effective! here's the script contributed - thank you creator and thank you members and thank you authors of autoit!Call Conference Dial-in Script updated from time to time.

$IVRConferenceNumber = "12323776#"
$IVRAdditionalCommands = 1

IVRSend() 

Func IVRSend()
;// Wait then send DTMF tones for use with interactive voice response (IVR) applications:
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","now we display the values of the IVR conference number commands..",5)
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","$IVRConferenceNumber is set to " & $IVRConferenceNumber,5)
    $aICN = StringSplit($IVRConferenceNumber,"")
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","now we display the separate values of the IVR conference number access code",5)
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","The number of numbers in $IVRConferenceNumber is " & $aICN[0],5)
    For $i = 1 to $aICN[0]
        MsgBox(0,"TEST!","$aICN[" & $i & "] is " & $aICN[$i],2) ; 
        Sleep(250)
    Next
    ; On some conferencing systems, it says "this call is being recorded, if you agree press '1'":
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","Test for optional $IVRAdditionalCommands","",5)
    ; $IVRAdditionalCommands
    If $IVRAdditionalCommands = -1 Then 
        MsgBox(0,"TEST!","NO, no additional IVR commands, $IVRAdditionalCommands value is " & $IVRAdditionalCommands,5)
    ElseIf $IVRAdditionalCommands <> -1 Then
        ; "Press 1 to agree with the call recording"
        MsgBox(0,"TEST!","YES, dialing additional IVR commands. $IVRAdditionalCommands are " & $IVRAdditionalCommands,5)
        $aIAC = StringSplit($IVRAdditionalCommands,"")
        For $i = 1 to $aIAC[0]
            MsgBox(0,"TEST!","$aIAC[" & $i & "] is " & $aIAC[$i],5)
            Sleep(250)
        Next
    EndIf
    MsgBox(0,"TEST!","Entire IVR would be entered by now.",5)
EndFunc

Edited by scriptstopper

Looks like you got the idea.

One hint though: Don't you find all those debug MsgBox()'s annoying?

I prefer to debug/test with ConsoleWrite() because I do it in the SciTE console as much as possible.

Otherwise, you might want to look into logging to a file, like with _FileWriteLog(), or look at the _DebugReport() example in the help file.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law