How to get keyboard clicks

Is there a function to get the keyboard clicks?

I've found nothing..

PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.

• Moderators

AppTux,

Detecting the keys pressed makes the script into a KeyLogger which is a taboo subject here. ;)

Hence no obvious command or function to do it! :)

M233

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

it's not meaned as a keylogger but a kind of keycounter ;)

PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.

• Moderators

AppTux,

Do you want to count the number of presses of a single key? In that case _IsPressed should do the job for you. ;)

But if you are looking to count all keys pressed, you run into the KeyLogger problem again - regardless that you do not actually want to make one. :)

If you were inputting text into an edit, you could always count the increase in the text size - does that help? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

It's all not what i wanted.

It was only a question if it's possible.

Well, it's not easy to do, so...

• Moderators

AppTux,

If you could explain why you want to count keys, we might be able to suggest something. ;)

M23

Spoiler

If it's just counting how many times each key _isPressed then it sounds pretty simple to me...

While 1

Select

Case _isPressed(some key)

$a+=1

Case _isPressed(another key)

$b+=1

etc etc

EndSelect

Wend

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

If it's just counting how many times each key _isPressed then it sounds pretty simple to me...

[example]

Because of the speed of the loop that would record each press many times. You could ad a second loop to check if the key is released again, but that makes it hard to count simultanious keypresses.

I'm not saying it's impossible, or even particularly hard to make it work well, but it's a bit more complicated then it seems at first.

It was just a basic, to get started sort of thing to build on and perfect. If that was what was the intention of the original script.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

If you need some kind of statistics - search the internet. Google delivers a lot of free tools.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki