trying to defeat key loggers

Hi,

Iv been looking at using hot keys to fill password fields/ctrls the idea is to defeat a key logger by never actually typing my PW's.

I built a key hook to test what might work and what wont.

I started with just a send() but my hook is picking that up (i suspected it would but no harm in testing)

next i tried ControlSetText("[ACTIVE]","",ControlGetFocus("[ACTIVE]"),"password") it works but not with a browser/web form

I thought about using the clipboard but if i were building a key-logger id prob monitor the clipboard as well as the keys so im not sure about this method.

I have never got around to looking at the _IE management or FF.au3 (i use FF) but having a quick glance it looks like a bit of a larger project than i first thought. Maybe its the only way but i just wanted to ask you lot first before i get immersed into browser manipulation, after all im only sending/pasting/entering a line of text. Is it going to be a pain ?

Cheers.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

yea had a look at that earlier but i haven't used any of these commands before, so please excuse my ignorance from this point on,

the examples look like they are opening a new browser to get the $o_object variable i dont see how to get the $o_object of a FF or IE window thats already open. Also it says "Note: You cannot use _IEFormElementSetValue to set the value of an INPUT TYPE=FILE element. Browser security restrictions prevent this element from being scripted. See the example below for a workaround."

but the workaround is using Send() !

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

@ dwerf

ControlSend('[ACTIVE]', '', '', 'passowrd')

thx dwerf, thats the one, i made the wrong assumption that if a keyboard hook was picking up Send() it would also pick up ControlSend() ! but it dont, wonder why.

many thx ;)

Thx all,Jack Dinn.