ProcessClose doesn't close process.

Hi!

Well, it's a behind-the-scenes process so it has no window. I can give it a try, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate function to use. But then, what do I know ... <lol> I'll report back, though I am wondering if this is going to work. ;)

Nah, of course it didn't work <lol>.

I know there are freeware apps out there the forcibly can terminate a process after unsuccessfully trying to close it, I'm guessing like what ProcessClose does initially, but I'm trying to find an AI solution first. I'd like to terminate this behind-the-scenes process since I only need it when I'm going to use the app. But it sits there waiting until I need it and that's what I don't like. With an AI script, I could just stick that in the startup folder and have it wait a couple of minutes so that it terminates the process every time I reboot so I don't have to do it manually. ProcessClose just doesn't work on it, though.

Anyway, any other ideas appreciated. If not, I'll try one of those more aggressive process terminator thingies out there. Thx. :)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

Personally i prefer CMD (Command Prompt) for those programs that just wont be closed

For CMD

tskill Firefox

Autoit

#include <Process.au3>

_RunDOS("tskill Firefox")

Hope that works for ya

- Tyranlol

[u]Only by Attempting the Impossible You Can Earn the Remarkable[/u]

Personally i prefer CMD (Command Prompt) for those programs that just wont be closed

For CMD

tskill Firefox

Autoit

#include <Process.au3>

_RunDOS("tskill Firefox")

Hope that works for ya

- Tyranlol

It actually didn't but I'm not worrying anymore. This isn't all that critical, it was more an exercise to figure out how to close. But I can still do this manually, if I want to bother.

To remind me, I did do up this script in the startup folder:

ShellExecute("Taskmgr.exe")
Is there any way to get the Task Manager be made to open up in the "Processes" tab? Even more ambitiously, can Task Manager to made to sort the processes? This last is just, again, a wish list kind of thing but if AI can do it, why not? But if not, just getting Task Manager to open up showing all the Processes instead of the default main tab, that would be fine. Then I can decide on any given boot-up if I even want to bother closing things down. It's only that sometimes I am multi-tasking and I need to shut down all unnecessary unnecessary things running.

Thanks. ;)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

• 12 years later...
  • Jos locked this topic