troubleshoot script

Tuna

I was given a script but can't get it to run. Could someone break it down so I can figure out why it doesn't run for me?

Thanks for any help

the lines with the < preceding them do not have that symbol, they have the gray box and bar so I guess they are rem statements?

<#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

<#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=One that is scheduled\Evony.exe

<#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Dim $PID = 0

$PID = ProcessExists("iexplore.exe") ; Will return the PID or 0 if the process isn't found.

<Do

< ProcessClose($PID)

< $PID = ProcessExists("iexplore.exe")

Until $PID = 0

Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

You forgot the correct second argument for Run(), which is "workingdir", not show_flag.

Anyways, I revised your code a little and tried to comment everything properly. Ask if you got any questions ;)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=Evony.exe; This tells the compiler to name the finished exe "Evony.exe".

Local $PID = ProcessExists("iexplore.exe"); Will return the PID or 0 if the process isn't found.

While ($PID <> 0); This loop will keep going until $PID equals 0.

If (ProcessClose($PID) <> 1) Then ContinueLoop; If ProcessClose() returns any other value that 1, it failed to close the process.

$PID = ProcessExists("iexplore.exe"); If the process was found, $PID should now contain its handle (hWnd).

WEnd; Now we loop up to "While" and check whether $PID is still not 0.

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE); Now we're going to run Internet Explorer.

Exit; That's it.
Edited by Encoded

Thanks alot. I got rid of the loop since it doesn't make sense to me. Why continue looking for a file? it's either there or it's not. and with your changes it worked fine.

haven't done stuff like this since I played with basic in the 80's. gonna take awhile to get the hang of it

Why continue looking for a file? it's either there or it's not.

Your code suggested that their may be multiple instances of IE open, if that could be the case then you are going to need a loop of some sort.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.