How to change window title color ?

Andk

No clue what that line is supposed to be doing, but whatever it is, isn't working as expected. I was just commenting on your assertion that the dllcall was causing the problem.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I think was DLLCall because i see the _WinAPI_SetSysColors in the autoit example. So, if it is in the autoit example must be working, and the only change to that code is the DLLCall

The _WinAPI_SetSysColors without the DllCall("UxTheme.dll" etc. not work on both sistem i have tested, if i add it work but but have that strange behavior

Myabe i'm wrong, i don't know, anyway don't work as expected

Edited by johnmcloud

Wait, i have found the error. The original post by GaryFrost have this WinAPI_SetSysColors:

Func WinAPI_SetSysColors($vElements, $vColors)
Local $isEArray = IsArray($vElements), $isCArray = IsArray($vColors)
Local $iElementNum
If Not $isCArray And Not $isEArray Then
     $iElementNum = 1
ElseIf $isCArray Or $isEArray Then
     If Not $isCArray Or Not $isEArray Then Return SetError(-1, -1, False)
     If UBound($vElements) <> UBound($vColors) Then Return SetError(-1, -1, False)
     $iElementNum = UBound($vElements)
EndIf
Local $tElements = DllStructCreate("int Element[" & $iElementNum & "]")
Local $tColors = DllStructCreate("int NewColor[" & $iElementNum & "]")
Local $pElements = DllStructGetPtr($tElements)
Local $pColors = DllStructGetPtr($tColors)
If Not $isEArray Then
     DllStructSetData($tElements, "Element", $vElements, 1)
Else
     For $x = 0 To $iElementNum - 1
         DllStructSetData($tElements, "Element", $vElements[$x], $x + 1)
     Next
EndIf
If Not $isCArray Then
     DllStructSetData($tColors, "NewColor", $vColors, 1)
Else
         DllStructSetData($tColors, "NewColor", $vColors[$x], $x + 1)
     Next
EndIf
Local $iResults = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetSysColors", "int", $iElementNum, "ptr", $pElements, "ptr", $pColors)
If @error Then Return SetError(-1, -1, False)
Return $iResults[0] <> 0
EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_SetSysColors

This is the _WinAPI_SetSysColor in autoit:

Func _WinAPI_SetSysColors($vElements, $vColors)
 Local $isEArray = IsArray($vElements), $isCArray = IsArray($vColors)
 Local $iElementNum
 If Not $isCArray And Not $isEArray Then
  $iElementNum = 1
 ElseIf $isCArray Or $isEArray Then
  If Not $isCArray Or Not $isEArray Then Return SetError(-1, -1, False)
  If UBound($vElements) <> UBound($vColors) Then Return SetError(-1, -1, False)
  $iElementNum = UBound($vElements)
 EndIf
 Local $tElements = DllStructCreate("int Element[" & $iElementNum & "]")
 Local $tColors = DllStructCreate("dword NewColor[" & $iElementNum & "]")

If Not $isEArray Then
  DllStructSetData($tElements, "Element", $vElements, 1)
 Else
   DllStructSetData($tElements, "Element", $vElements[$x], $x + 1)
  Next
 EndIf
 If Not $isCArray Then
  DllStructSetData($tColors, "NewColor", $vColors, 1)
 Else
   DllStructSetData($tColors, "NewColor", $vColors[$x], $x + 1)
  Next
 EndIf
 Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "SetSysColors", "int", $iElementNum, "struct*", $tElements, "struct*", $tColors)
 If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
 Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetSysColors

If i use the GaryFrost _GetSysColor i have the yellow notepad, but if i close the GUI everything goes to normal. It's possible to edit the GaryFrost _GetSysColor for work only on my gui instead of everyone?

Anyway it's a good start at least, close the GUI remove the problem

Edited by johnmcloud

I only wanted to point out that you were wrong when you said the DllCall was causing the issue, when it's clear that it's not because it's been used by a lot of people before without any problem. Here's a quote from the MSDN site in regards to SetSysColor

Remarks

The SetSysColors function sends a WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE message to all windows to inform them of the change in color. It also directs the system to repaint the affected portions of all currently visible windows.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Just for conclude this, the SetSysColors function sends a WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE message to all windows, right? But there isn't a way to prevent this? Maybe:

1) Usign a dummy

or

2) We can't send directly the WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE to our GUI insted to use SetSysColors? So we can avoid the message to all window

Do you guy think is possible or I'm delirious for the late hours?

I believe its a Bug that the colors arent changing back

I did some debugging

and guess what the debugging made the bug vanish (or maybe i forgot what i did :P)

Here is the code

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Local $aElements[2] = [$COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION, $COLOR_WINDOW]
; Red and Yellow
Local $aColors[2] = [255, 65535], $aSaveColors[2]
$hGui = GUICreate("My GUI", 300, 200)

$aSaveColors[0] = _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION)
$aSaveColors[1] = _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_WINDOW)

_ArrayDisplay($aSaveColors)

DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $hGui, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
_WinAPI_SetSysColors($aElements, $aColors)

GUISetState()

Local $iTemp[2] = [_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION), _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_WINDOW)]
_ArrayDisplay($iTemp)

While 1
$Msg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $Msg
Case -3 ; $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
ExitLoop
EndSwitch
WEnd

If _WinAPI_SetSysColors($aElements, $aSaveColors) Then MsgBox(0, 0, True)
Local $iTemp[2] = [_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION), _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_WINDOW)]
_ArrayDisplay($iTemp)

This reverts the color back to normal :)

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Perhaps I missed it, but why would you need to change the titlebar colour?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 4 years later...

Been a few years since this post was touched. Any chance the full code is still around. I got it to change the color of my GUI as the code above works. I just can't get the sample working where he ( @johnmcloud ) was able to change notepad's color yellow.  

Update: Arghhh I looked at it a bit more and realized it's changing the whole windows theme color for every cooperating windows program. I tested i by running the code above and opened notepad as the color theme was changed and noticed notepad text area was yellow.  This isn't going to help me. I wanted to change an individual windows titlebar color as an alert so I tried the following:

;From: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/120421-how-to-change-window-title-color/

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Local $aElements[2] = [$COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION, $COLOR_GRADIENTACTIVECAPTION]

Local $aColors[2] = [DEC("FF"),DEC("FFFF")] ; Red and Yellow
Local $aSaveColors[2]

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
Run(@WindowsDir & "\Notepad.exe")
Global $hGUI = WinWait("Notepad")
;$hGui = GUICreate("My GUI", 300, 200)
$aSaveColors[0] = _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION)
$aSaveColors[1] = _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_GRADIENTACTIVECAPTION)

_ArrayDisplay($aSaveColors)

DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $hGui, "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
_WinAPI_SetSysColors($aElements, $aColors)

GUISetState()

Local $iTemp[2] = [_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION), _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_GRADIENTACTIVECAPTION)]
_ArrayDisplay($iTemp)

While 1
   $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
   If NOT (WinExists($s_remoteMainTitle)) Then
      ;MsgBox(0,"Notice","Shutting down QbooksButtons, No remoteTitle found")
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
;~    Switch $Msg
;~    Case -3 ; $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
;~       ExitLoop
;~    EndSwitch
WEnd

If _WinAPI_SetSysColors($aElements, $aSaveColors) Then MsgBox(0, 0, True)
Local $iTemp[2] = [_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION), _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_GRADIENTACTIVECAPTION)]
_ArrayDisplay($iTemp)

but that didn't change notepads titlebar color. I'm still missing something so that I can just change one remote windows titlebar color.

Edited by nassausky
Update on research.