Using the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add="

jnkbcs

I have downloaded the resources.au3 zip from Zedna's post. I have included it in my file but here is my dilemma:

I want to add another exe into my app and then call it. How is this accomplished? i have read everything in alot of posts and cannot find the answer. An htm file with examples would be great.

Jos-

I dont want to leave files on a remote machine. i want to have a self contained exe. I work in a company that security is very high and security doesn't want apps that could cause a problem left of non admins machines

I looked at Function FileInstall(). will have to keep in mind for other projects outside of work

Edited by jnkbcs

• Developers

Jos-

I dont want to leave files on a remote machine. i want to have a self contained exe. I work in a company that security is very high and security doesn't want apps that could cause a problem left of non admins machines

I looked at Function FileInstallfileinstalll(). will have to keep in mind for other projects outside of work

So your security folks do not allow a file to be stored on the disk in a temp directory and after installation deleted but they would allow an EXE to load another EXE directly into memory and executed.... "the stealthy approach"?

What app are you talking about that can't be left on a none admins machine that is so risky?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos-

Tier 1 has access to some of the sysinternal tools like pskill and psexec. Security doesnt want pskill left on the mahcine so i thought if i coulod incorporate it in the exe then no copy and no foot print.

MPH - i like ninja. execute then leave wake of mess when im gone ;)

• Developers

What OS are you running this script on?

Can't you use the existing internal commands like ProcessClose() or exiting windows commandline tools like TaskKill.exe?

Edit: By the way, pskill and psexec, in fact all pstools, are created to execute a command on a remote PC by running it from your own.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos - correct. There are a few things that Tier 1 can do as part of their troubleshooting and the reason behind it it they disabled the run command from the end user. Can processclose() run a remote process? that what i am getting stuck at.

I am trying to run a command from my termianl and affecting a remote machine. Chats the path the script needs to take and i have found psexec is the best at accomplishing that unless there are syntax's in autoit that i am not using due t ignorance

;)

The os that this is running on is Windows xp. Company hasn't moved to 7 just yet. will be awhile longer.

Edited by jnkbcs

• Developers

so when you are running this from your machine I am lost as too why you need to have pskill incorporated in the script that I assume you upload and run using psexec?

Why not run PSkill from your PC in stead?

Maybe you need to tell some more about what you want to do exactly.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Btw, Taskkill.exe can also close processes on remote machines with parameter /s.

You can collect e.g. with Tasklist.exe the PIDs on remote system.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ