Is This Possible

Im getting pretty good with autoit and Finally under stand how to write useful scripts.

I was wondering if this is possible, could autoit find out if I have a usb dvd drive plugged in and if so execute a file from it, and if it doesnt find one execute a different file

the reason is because I have a netbook without an optical drive and I use no cd cracks so I can play single player, without lugging around a usb drive, But if one was plugged in autoit would execute the file on the cd instead (So I can play online without no hassle), Im not sure if Im supposed to talk about cracks?

Thanks

Edited by SparkSoft

[center]First Ever Script/App[/center][center]Simple Battery Meter[/center]

Im not sure if Im supposed to talk about cracks?

I doubt it, but while the jury is out, confirm that launching from the CD actually runs the game in it's original state, as if the NOCD wasn't used.

In my experience the CD just runs a loader, when then gives you the option to run the game from your hard drive, which will probably mean the game will be run with the NOCD crack anyways.

In short: If you manually run the game from the CD, can you play online?

In my experience if you NOCD it then you often loose the ability to online game especially with the latest round of steam installers etc

However if you saved the files that would be overwritten could you just not copy one set or the other into the folder based on if the drive was played from the H/D or the CD

Sort of crack it uncrack it depending on which way you played

In a theoretical world of course

Edited by Chimaera

In my experience if you NOCD it then you often loose the ability to online game especially with the latest round of steam installers etc

However if you saved the files that would be overwritten could you just not copy one set or the other into the folder based on if the drive was played from the H/D or the CD

Sort of crack it uncrack it depending on which way you played

In a theoretical world of course

good idea i might do that, im just a bit fed up of carrying a usb drive around with me when ever i play cod.

thnks

[center]First Ever Script/App[/center][center]Simple Battery Meter[/center]