mouse radar

XY16

hi

check this script out. it uses beeps to indicate the x and y positions of the mouse. it won't beep unless the mouse is detected to have moved.

$X = MouseGetPos(0)

$Y = MouseGetPos(1)

While 1

if $X = MouseGetPos(0) then

Sleep(10)

Else

$X = MouseGetPos(0)

Beep($X / 2,80)

EndIf

Sleep(10)

if $Y = MouseGetPos(1) then

Sleep(10)

Else

$Y = MouseGetPos(1)

Beep($Y / 2,80)

EndIf

Sleep(10)

WEnd

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

You could extend it with panning the sound balance, so you can hear if the sound comes from left or right (x position), and change the pitch for y position.

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

hi werty

that was my origional intention but don't quite know how i could get the beeps to pan from left to right. maybe if i could find a command to adjust the balance it might work, but what about computers that use the internal pc speaker to immit beeps? that speaker is mono i believe so i would have to find a way to force the beeps to be transmitted through the actual sound card.

thanks for your advice.

if you can think of a way to pan the beeps, i am open to suggestions.

thanks

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

Pretty cool effect!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

thanks guinness

don't be offended, but that's my dogs name, simply because he's black and white.

Not at all ;) It's a good name!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Does it have to use beep ?

How about using a small soundfile and use soundplay()

Here's a link to some extra sound functions by Kip that have soundpanright() and soundpanleft().

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67021&st=0&p=496026&hl=pan%20sound&fromsearch=1&#entry496026

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

Here's my mouse radar.

Well actualy... Something like it.

Global $iMouseX, $iMouseY

$GUI = GUICreate("", 200, 200, @DesktopWidth - 230, @DesktopHeight - 350)
GUISetBkColor(0x000000, $GUI)

$hMousePointer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, 1, 1)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

$hInfo = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 10, 50, 20)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, -2)

GUISetState()
While Sleep(1000 / 60) ; 60 fps
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            Exit

EndSwitch

$iMouseX = MouseGetPos(0)
    $iMouseY = MouseGetPos(1)
    $iRound1 = Round($iMouseX / ((@DesktopWidth / 100) / 2), 0)
    $iRound2 = Round($iMouseY / ((@DesktopHeight / 100) / 2), 0)

GUICtrlSetPos($hMousePointer, $iRound1, $iRound2)
    GUICtrlSetData($hInfo, $iRound1 & ", " & $iRound2)
WEnd

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

How about instead of panning sounds from left to right instead have the pitches beep on and off constantly (beep beep beep) slow beeps mean the left side and fast beeps mean the right side. So if the mouse were at the top right then the beeps would be high pitched and occur more frequently and if the mouse were at the bottom left then the pitches would be low and the duration of the beeps would be slow.

Cool, but rather useless for the OP as he is blind, hence using sound in his example ;)

Selective quoting is akin to purposely forcing a post out of context.

Here's my mouse radar.

Well actualy... Something like it.

Take your time to try and understand.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I like the panning, could probably use a little more restraint on the Y axis beeps, but Im sure that makes it less useful for the sightless. Once again, I am amazed by your efforts, The following script will utilize panning left to right on the (beep.mp3) of your choosing. It has to be an mp3 file (though im sure some other containers work as well) as WAVs and Midis are handled differently.

http://www.losthatch.com/sounds/sound_effects/code_ok.mp3 is the file used in my example - set your path on line 12

Edit: Cleaned up some test code

$X = MouseGetPos(0)
$Y = MouseGetPos(1)

While 1
if $X = MouseGetPos(0) then
Sleep(10)
Else
    _MCISendCommand('open "C:\code_ok.mp3" alias Song')
$X = MouseGetPos(0)
if $X < @DesktopWidth / 2 Then
    _SoundPanLeft("Song" , $X)
;~ Beep($X / 2,80)
Else
    _SoundPanRight("Song" , @DesktopWidth - $X)
Endif
EndIf
Sleep(10)
if $Y = MouseGetPos(1) then
Sleep(10)
Else
$Y = MouseGetPos(1)
Beep($Y / 2,80)
EndIf
Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _MCISendCommand($sCmd,$hWnd=0)
    Local $aRet=DllCall("winmm.dll","dword","mciSendStringW","wstr",$sCmd,"wstr","","uint",65536,"handle",$hWnd)
    If @error Then Return SetError(2,@error,"")
    If $aRet[0] Then Return SetError(3,0,$aRet[0])
    Return $aRet[2]
EndFunc

Func _mciSendString2($String9)
    Local $iRet
    $iRet = DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "mciSendStringA", "str", $String9, "str", "", "int", 65534, "hwnd", 0)
    If Not @error Then Return $iRet[2]
EndFunc   ;==>_mciSendString2

Func _SoundPanRight($sSnd_id, $Pan); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet
    If StringInStr($sSnd_id,'!') Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0); invalid file/alias
    if $Pan < 0 or $Pan > 1000 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    _SoundLeftOff ("Song")

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & FileGetShortName($sSnd_id) & " right volume to "&$Pan)
_MCISendCommand('play Song notify')
  sleep (1000)
    _MCISendCommand('close Song')

;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundPanRight

Func _SoundPanLeft($sSnd_id, $Pan); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet

if $Pan < 0 or $Pan > 1000 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
     _SoundRightOff ("Song")

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & $sSnd_id & " left volume to "&$Pan)
     _MCISendCommand('play Song notify')
      sleep (1000)
    _MCISendCommand('close Song')

;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundPanLeft

Func _SoundLeftOff($sSnd_id); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & FileGetShortName($sSnd_id) & " left off")
;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundLeftOff

Func _SoundLeftOn($sSnd_id); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & FileGetShortName($sSnd_id) & " left on")
;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundLeftOn

Func _SoundRightOff($sSnd_id); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & FileGetShortName($sSnd_id) & " right off")
;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundRightOff

Func _SoundRightOn($sSnd_id); $Pan: 0 - 1000,  1000= normal
;Declare variables
    Local $iRet

$iRet = _mciSendString2("setaudio " & FileGetShortName($sSnd_id) & " right on")
;return
    If $iRet = 0 Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc;==>_SoundRightOn
Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)