SNMP Configuration

Hi all, I've done some research on how to set SNMP service with all the parameters, so you don't need to manualy configure each server (if you're planning SNMP monitoring...).. So this is what I came up with below. No variables for now, only want your opinion and experience on this matter .. and some help of course ;) :

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers", "2", "REG_SZ", "SNMP_SERVER_IP")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\RFC1156Agent", "sysContact", "REG_SZ", "System Administrator")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\RFC1156Agent", "sysContact", "REG_SZ", "System")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\ValidCommunities", "public", "REG_DWORD", "0x00000004")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\TrapConfiguration", "public", "REG_SZ", "SNMP_SERVER_IP")
Edited by skysel

Hi all, I've done some research on how to set SNMP service with all the parameters, so you don't need to manualy configure each server (if you're planning SNMP monitoring...).. So this is what I came up with below. No variables for now, only want your opinion and experience on this matter .. and some help of course ;) :

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers", "2", "REG_SZ", "SNMP_SERVER_IP")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\RFC1156Agent", "sysContact", "REG_SZ", "System Administrator")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\RFC1156Agent", "sysContact", "REG_SZ", "System")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\ValidCommunities", "public", "REG_DWORD", "0x00000004")
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SNMP\Parameters\PermittedManagers\TrapConfiguration", "public", "REG_SZ", "SNMP_SERVER_IP")

bump .. wanting to know, if this is _all_ that needs to be set for service to be configured properly?

Well for all of those who want to configure their SNMP settings + install SNMP service on Windows servers, here is the complete working script with possibility to specify community name:

DIM $commname
$commname = InputBox("Name", "Please enter community name:")

$file = FileOpen("C:\settings.txt",1)

FileWrite($file,"[NetOptionalComponents]" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"SNMP = 1" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"[SNMP]" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Contact_Name = Your Name" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Location = Your Company" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Service = Physical, Internet, Applications, End-to-End" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Community_Name = " & $commname & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Traps = 10.10.10.10" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Send_Authentication = No" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Accept_CommunityName = " & $commname & ":Read_Only" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Any_Host = No" & @CRLF)
FileWrite($file,"Limit_Host = 10.10.10.10" & @CRLF)

FileClose($file)

RunWait("C:\windows\system32\sysocmgr.exe /i:C:\windows\inf\sysoc.inf /u:c:\settings.txt /r")

FileDelete("C:\settings.txt")
RunWait("sc stop snmptrap")
RunWait("sc config snmptrap start= demand")