Find specific program using WMI

I am trying to create script that will search the PC using WMI for a specific program, and if it matches the specified program a message pops up saying the program is up-to-date. If the version numbers do not match, then the program is executed to silently install.

This is what I have:

#include <ExplorerCopy.au3>

_IntelChk()

Func _IntelChk()
    $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
    $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
    $colItems = ""
    $strComputer = "localhost"

$Output=""
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\")
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Product", "WQL", _
                                              $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) Then
        For $objItem In $colItems
            $Output1 = $Output & $objItem.Name & @CRLF
            $Output2 = $Output & $objItem.Version & @CRLF
            If $Output1 = "Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software" And $Output2 = "13.03.0000" Then
                MsgBox(0,"Intel PROSet Wireless","You are running the latest version of the Intel Wireless Software.")
            Else
                MsgBox(0,"Intel PROSet Wireless","The Intel PROSet Wireless application is out of date." & @CR & "The latest version will now be installed in the background." & @CR & "NOTE: You will lose wireless connectivity during this up date. Users on docking stations will notice no connectivity issues.",8)
                _ExplorerCopy("\\servername\sharename\Intel Wireless\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi","C:\Windows\!DriverCache\Intel 3945 ABG Drivers and Wireless Profile\",BitOR($FOF_SIMPLEPROGRESS,$FOF_NOERRORUI,$FOF_NOCOPYSECURITYATTRIBS,$FOF_NOCONFIRMMKDIR,$FOF_NOCONFIRMATION))
                MsgBox(0,"Intel PROSet Wireless","The Intel PROSet Wireless installation is about to begin.",5)
                ;RunWait('msiexec /i "C:\Windows\!DriverCache\Intel 3945 ABG Drivers and Wireless Profile\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi" /qb /norestart ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver,WIFI_Software,WIFI_UI,WIFI_SSO,WIFI_PLC,WIFI_Simple_Config,WIFI_Troubleshooter,WIFI_Help,WIFI_Custom_Help')
                MsgBox(0,"Intel PROSet Wireless","The Intel PROSet Wireless application has now been updated.")
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
            ;$Output=""
        Next
    Else
        Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Product" )
    Endif
EndFunc

It seems the program is not correctly picking up the version number. If I use the ScriptOMatic tool, then I am told the version number. I think because it is scanning all the programs on the PC, the variable is not being set correctly.

Can someone help me figure this out please?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi.

As I don't have any software, that the Scriptomatic would be able to pull a version from, I cannot check your example, that query from ScriptomaticV2.hta is giving me an empty result. (Just displays the computername, that's it)

Anyways, I'd like to suggest two different approaches:

1.) Scan for the Version value "DisplayVersion" here: HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\<key-of-your-product>\

2.) If you know, where the DLL/EXE is, that you want to update, then use FileGetVersion() and _VersionCompare()

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

What's up with your output variable assignments? You're concatenating a blank string, the variable, and a carriage return? More than likely your comparisons aren't working because of the carriage returns. Try using this and see if your results are different.

If $objItem.Name = "IntelĀ® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software" And $objItem.Version = "13.03.0000" Then