Auto Login to A Web Page

Hello all,

I'm new to the tool so be easy on me. Can anyone help me out with my script where a scheduled job(running as System) will launch my AutoIt script (compiled as an .exe) to automatically login to a web page so that I can pre cache the web content for the user I am running it as? I am using the RunAs function to open a browser and then using keystrokes to log me in. Am I using the correct approach here?

When looking at task manager, I can see that the "elearning" user is successfully launching IE but I am not seeing the browser cache getting populated in ..\local settings\temporary internet files\etc. etc.

Here is the script:

; Launch the browser in context of the user

Local $sUserName = "user"

Local $sPassword = "password"

Local $sDomain = "domain"

RunAs($sUserName, $sDomain, $sPassword, 1, "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://www.webpage.com")

; Wait for the browser to become active

WinWaitActive("SumTotal - Log On")

Sleep(10000)

; Enter login credentials

Sleep(500)

Send("username{TAB}")

Send("password{ENTER}")

Sleep(10000)

; Close the browser

Send("!f")

Send("x")

You didn't see that cache because it is downloaded to the temporary folder of the user $sUserName (since you logon under that name, that's what RunAs is for)

\Documents & Settings\[username of the user who use internet]\temporary internet files...

But it's not a good way to interact with IE with Send and Sleep.

The best way is to create an IE object within a GUI to fully control all the elements on that website.

Yes I understand that. When I logoff my acccount and login as the account being called by the RunAs function, I don't see the cached content.

Just to be clear, what I am attempting to do is create a scheduled job that will run in the background that will login at X intervals as a different user to login to a web page.

Cache has to be written somewhere. It doesn't just simply vanish.

With FireFox, try to enter a page, on the address bar, enter about:cache, it will show you where your cache is located

Sometime cache is stored in file *.cache, *.tmp and you didn't notice it.