Javascript API launching au3

I am currently working with an API that uses javascript. I came up with the idea of passing context aquired thru the javascript API to an autoit program (since I can do ALOT more with the autoit program). I'm trying to launch the script as a .au3 file because the user will not need to click "run" when initialized thru javascript (making the script virtually transparent). This script seemed to be working yesterday but now it will not launch the .au3 file at all. If I manually execute the file it works fine. Does anyone know of any internet/security settings that would stop an au3 file from running via a script.

In java I'm simply doing....

window.open ("Launcher.au3");

Launcher.au3 opens up a whole gambit of .exe files written in autoit.

Thanks

Ah, probably should have mentioned that. OK so basically I have 15 or so computers all with Autoit installed on it (and setup so they will run .Au3 upon execution). Technically speaking only that one .au3 is being called from the script and the Launcher.au3 program will subsequently open up several different autoit executables depending on the task initiated.

As of yesterday this was working fine on all computers but as of today 2/3 of the computers I have checked can no longer run an Au3 file from a the window.open command (even though autoit is installed and it was working yesterday). I have to imagine this is a security setting of some sort.

Thanks

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">  
      MyObject = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" )  
      function RunExe()   
      {  
           MyObject.Run("file:///C:/Program%20Files/AU3/au32exe.exe /in [source]") ;  
      }  
 </script>

?

• 4 weeks later...

OK well I figured I would update this post. After checking my company's Symantec policies I discovered the problem was MUCH easier. As it turns out launching an .au3 file is considered active content (looking back it seems obvious). In the browser's advanced tab there is a check box for "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer". Once that was unchecked it worked fine.

Cheers

Edited by boogieoompa

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">  
      MyObject = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" )  
      function RunExe()   
      {  
           MyObject.Run("file:///C:/Program%20Files/AU3/au32exe.exe /in [source]") ;  
      }  
 </script>

?

Would this really work? I don't think so. Unless you just have to ok the ActiveX plugin. Seems like a huge security issue if it works.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Why wouldn't it work? :graduated:

It just seems too easy. Are you saying you could do this and just have notepad popup with no user interaction through actives?

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Yup, of course they have to have the compiler for autoit. Currently I am using this rather extensivly now. I do admit it can be used maliciously but personally I find it to be a great way of doing things.

The active content however can only run on things installed locally.

Edited by boogieoompa