How to share information between two AutoIt scripts

Phenom

Let's say I have a simple script that looks like this:

For $i = 0 to 100
    Sleep(1000)
Next

While this script is running I have another AutoIt script running. I want this other script to periodically check to see what the value of $i is. I want it to be done without writing to disk. What's the code to do that?

Edited by Phenom

The "code to do that" is up to you, the functions for it are numerous(StdoutRead and its related functions for example), as are the forum examples I have seen here(I trust you know how to perform a search.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I want it to be done without writing to disk

Eh, eh-he.

Well... Using a MySQL of webserver would be stupid? Wouldn't it?

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

The "code to do that" is up to you, the functions for it are numerous(StdoutRead and its related functions for example), as are the forum examples I have seen here(I trust you know how to perform a search.

I did a search but couldn't figure it out. How can StdoutRead be used to do this? The example script shows it being used in only one program. I need to get information from a different script that is running.

I did a search but couldn't figure it out. How can StdoutRead be used to do this? The example script shows it being used in only one program. I need to get information from a different script that is running.

You see in the example, it runs foo.bar as its child, foo.bar is what the example is reading the output from.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.