Help on Control send command Please

Phlegm

I have a window I need to send an ENTER key to finsih an install. I need to do this while the PC is not logged in

(the PC will be at the CTL ALT DEL screen)

The Autoit v3 Window info shows the following:

Title: NexGen

Class: #32770

Under the Control Tab

Class: Static

Text: "Your computer must be.."

ID: 65535

Under the Window Tab

Title: NextGen

Class: #32770

I have this as the command

ControlSend("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "65535", "{ENTER}")

Please let me know what I'm missing...

Thanks

Edited by Phlegm

Try

ControlSend("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", 65535, "{ENTER}")

or

ControlSend("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "[CLASS:#32770]", "{ENTER}")

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Darn,

These did not work.

I think need to add command to make the window active:

ControlFocus("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "65535")

ControlSend("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "65535", "{!Y}")

Still doen't work any sugestions?

Darn,

These did not work.

I think need to add command to make the window active:

ControlFocus("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "65535")

ControlSend("NextGen", "Your computer must be restarted to complete the update. Restart now?", "65535", "{!Y}")

Still doen't work any sugestions?

yes window must be active !

try winwait and winactivate functions...

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

You can't make the window active if the screen is locked, or you're at the Log In screen.

BTW, I noticed that your window title, as shown in your first post, is listed as NextGen in one place and NexGen in another. Make sure your window title is correct first. Second, you might want to shorten the text parameter for the window you're searching for unless you're positive that the text you have listed is what is actually showing in the window info tool.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator