Error detection

Danilod

Hi, for start I want to apologize for my bad English .I have one question .In fact ,I wrote a code that consists more than 10000 lines of code.What is the easiest way to discover where the error is occurred ? So far I wrote Tooltip ("Blabla", 500, 500) at every few lines of code ,so If it appears that there are no errors up to that point. How this can be done in some easiest way ,assume that there is a log file where I can see exactly where the error is occurred.

You have options:

1) Add Trace Lines (Tools -> Trace: Add Trace Lines) (will do the entire code, best bet)

2) Add Debug Lines (Tools -> Debug to Console or Debug to MsgBox) (must do line by line)

The only problem here is that you'll get a TON of stuff written to the console... so good luck!

Trace lines write to the console, FYI, so you'll have to have your script open in SciTE to find the problem.

Edited by Affe

[center][/center]

There are many techniques, and which ones apply depends on the particular situation. What is the nature of the script, and what is the nature of the error?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law