What is WinGetState

In WinSetState(), the flag parameter showing some names similar to those used by win32 ShowWindow() function, so I guess WinSetState() mainly forwards calls to win32 ShowWindow() and the flag is the nCmdShow parameter we normally supply to the win32 ShowWindow().

But, what are the states returned by WinGetState()? What do they correspond to? Is it the show state found in the WINDOWPLACEMENT structure returned by the win32 GetWindowPlacement() function?

I believe the bits are assembled from multiple properties, not all acquired from a single function in the Windows API. For example bit 0 (Exists) would have to be determined separately before checking the other states.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I would say it's a sort of logic interpretation of something. How's that something get is irrelevant. Could be GetWindowPlacement, and could be not.

Actually, what I want to know is exactly what that something is. The description in the help file is too general. If they're exactly corresponding to, say, show state returned from GetWindowPlacement then I can use the MSDN as the more concrete reference to interpret the return value of WinGetState.

If you really want to know then why don't you download the AutoIt source and look for yourself?

The only mention of WinGetState() in the changelog is when it was added, and it's very simple, so I think it's pretty safe to assume it still works in a similar/identical way.