Automation of Internet Payments

EOjeda

Hello !!!!

I am new to AutoIT and before getting into spending time studying it I would like to know if this can be done with AutoIT:

1.- Start my web browser, provide a URL, wait for the Internet page to display, provide UserId and Password and click in "Login" (now I am in my bank account, payments received web page).

2.- Payments received appear very much like emails in your webmail inbox: line items, unread would be bold, read would be normal case.

3.- For each unread line item I have to do the following:

3.1.- Click on the line item to open it

3.2.- Go to the end of the item (similar to going to the end of an email in a webmail) to click on "download detailed payment information"; this would be an attached document containing text.

3.3.- Select a predefined folder to save the attachment containing text

3.4.- Save the attachment file

4.- Continue processing (saving attachments) all the remaining unread "detailed payment information" line items

5.- Logout from my bank account

6.- Close browser

I would appreciate your feedback regarding AutoIT being capable of automating the steps outlined above. If yes, some basic initial pointers would also be appreciated as to "how to do it".

If no, pointers to other tools that could automate this would also be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ed

I am new to AutoIT and before getting into spending time studying it I would like to know if this can be done with AutoIT

Yes.

Go to the help file, click on "index", type in "_IE" and a whole lot of related functions will pop up. Start reading through there and you'll figure it out.

I suggest starting with IE automation first, before you decide to try other clients or client-less. It's very well documented and supported.

Edited by Affe

[center][/center]

• Moderators

EOjeda,

provide UserId and Password

If these values are included in your script so that AutoIt can use them, they will be retrievable by anyone who can access your machine. You CANNOT make them secure - even if you encrypt them, the decryption code within the script will be available. :)

I would strongly suggest NOT automating that part of the process. ;)

But it is your bank account and your money..... ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area