ControlGetFocus

Hey guys, in need of a little assistance again..

I've got everythign working as normal, but I'm unable to retain GUI operation once it's started. I belive it's due to the loop doing no check to see if the input box already has focus, instead it just continues to give it focus..

I've tried a few different things, started with ControlGetFocus() but because the input is in IE, I can't get a return on the handle of the control to run a focus check, I tried some things using WinAPI and didn't have much luck... Any help would be grealty appreciated as always.. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, in need of a little assistance again..

I've got everythign working as normal, but I'm unable to retain GUI operation once it's started. I belive it's due to the loop doing no check to see if the input box already has focus, instead it just continues to give it focus..

I've tried a few different things, started with ControlGetFocus() but because the input is in IE, I can't get a return on the handle of the control to run a focus check, I tried some things using WinAPI and didn't have much luck... Any help would be grealty appreciated as always.. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried _IEAction ( $oSubmit, "focus" ) ?

but with the script its better for help...

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

There's not much to post really,

I need to check to see if a control has focus already, if it does then void the loop that wants to give it focus.

So in a nutshell:

If controlhasfocus = 1 Then
Else
ControlFocus()
EndIf

The problem is finding out what has focus on the IE form. I couldn't find anything like that in the IE management section of the help file.

Without knowing what has focus and running the check, it continues to set focus in the input I tell it to, and my Kill Loop button is useless.

Try this... I haven't, so no guarentees. It should work in theory, but as Einstein so rightly put: "In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."

If _IEGetActiveObj($oIE) <> $oElement Then
    ; focus it
EndIf

Func _IEGetActiveObj($oIE)
    $oDoc = _IEDocGetObj($oIE)
    Return $oDoc.activeElement
EndFunc

Edit: Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533065(VS.85).aspx

Edited by Mat

I should be able to consolewrite the result of the $oDoc.activeElement right?

Try it and see. I imagine it's an object so I don't know what the result will be, but $oDoc.activeElement.innerHTML should definitely work.

Edit: If you want help from someone who knows what they are talking about then you need a more descriptive title, ideally something like "IE - Check if an object has focus" or something like that.

Edited by Mat

Try it and see. I imagine it's an object so I don't know what the result will be, but $oDoc.activeElement.innerHTML should definitely work.

Edit: If you want help from someone who knows what they are talking about then you need a more descriptive title, ideally something like "IE - Check if an object has focus" or something like that.

I was afraid to be too specific with the title of the thread so any information that comes out of it would be easier to find in searches.. Then again, I usually don't find much because I try to be too specific I think.

I couldn't get any results with the $oDoc.activeElement, adding innerHTML resulted in a '0' result, no matter what has focus. I'll keep at it and hopefully come up with a solution. Thanks for you help man, if you have any other suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them. I'll post up if I find anything that works so others can see it.

Hmmm... Not sure what the problem is then. As said, I am not too good at IE stuff, maybe the fact that its in a form is not helping.

Reading the MSDN page it would appear you have to wait for the whole page to load before using it (I assume this isn't a problem if you are using IE.au3). I'll see if I get time to test tomorrow, as this could be useful.