ControlFocus

anixon

This code starts a scheduled task called RealVNC which produces a Window with the Title 'VNC Server Status (Service - Mode)'

Button 1 on that Window is titled 'Configure' and Button 2 'Close'. The effect of 'Close' is to close the Window with the program left running.

In this condition the programs Icon is displayed in the Notification Area of the Task Bar. After starting the program this is the condition I wish to achieve.

In the code listed below the ControlCommand returns 1 as 'Configure' is the active button on which the default focus is set.

When this Window is open I simply want to send a command that clicks the 'Close' button.

In the code ControlFocus does not appear to set the focus to Button 2 in which case the Send 'Enter' command does not cause the Window to close.

By way of background I am launching the program based on a scheduled task using Schtasks.exe this is so that I can run the program in a Windows Vista environment with the highest privileges.

/run and /tn is schtasks.exe command line instructions /run runs the task and /tn relates to the task name which is this case is RealVNC.

Run(@SystemDir & "\" & "schtasks.exe /run /tn RealVNC")
Sleep(500)
WinActivate("VNC Server Status")
If ControlCommand("VNC Server Status", "", "Button1", "IsEnabled") Then
ControlFocus("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")
Sleep(500)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Ant.. Posted Image

Have you tried to simply click on the button?

ControlClick("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")
You may also fiddle around with the speed of Window recognition and "status" checking
Opt("WinWaitDelay", 100)
Do
Sleep(50)
Until ControlCommand("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")

Do
    Local $Success = ControlClick("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")
    Sleep(50)
Until $Success = 1

Have you tried to simply click on the button?

ControlClick("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")
You may also fiddle around with the speed of Window recognition and "status" checking
Opt("WinWaitDelay", 100)
Do
Sleep(50)
Until ControlCommand("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "IsEnabled", "")

Do
    Local $Success = ControlClick("VNC Server Status", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")
    Sleep(50)
Until $Success = 1

Thanks for your help unfortunately neither of your solutions work. It passes the Until ControlCommand so it must be reporting that the button is enabled

it also produces the $Success value = 1 however the routine does not Close the window.

I have noted that after the routine finishes the focus is still on the 'Configure' button Ant.. Posted Image

Edit:

I am guessing but I think that this Window does not response to AutoIT commands because of Windows Vista UAC. When launching this program you get a UAC Pop-up informing the user that the Program needs permission to continue after permission the programs Status Window presents and this is the Window which does not respond to AutoIT commands other than making it the active window. To avoid the UAC Pop-up I am launching the program as a schedule task with the task set at the highest privileges which takes you directly to the program status Window the one that does not respond to AutoIT. What is also of interest is when 'Quiting' this program you always get the UAC Pop-up which as previously mentioned requires the user that the Program needs permission to continue. Comments and/or a solution would be appreciated

Edited by anixon

Thanks for your help unfortunately neither of your solutions work. It passes the Until ControlCommand so it must be reporting that the button is enabled

it also produces the $Success value = 1 however the routine does not Close the window.

I have noted that after the routine finishes the focus is still on the 'Configure' button Ant.. Posted Image

Edit:

I am guessing but I think that this Window does not response to AutoIT commands because of Windows Vista UAC. When launching this program you get a UAC Pop-up informing the user that the Program needs permission to continue after permission the programs Status Window presents and this is the Window which does not respond to AutoIT commands other than making it the active window. To avoid the UAC Pop-up I am launching the program as a schedule task with the task set at the highest privileges which takes you directly to the program status Window the one that does not respond to AutoIT. What is also of interest is when 'Quiting' this program you always get the UAC Pop-up which as previously mentioned requires the user that the Program needs permission to continue. Comments and/or a solution would be appreciated

Bump

Bump

The solution was the scheduler tasks command arguments

-showstatus=0 -start

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.2" xmlns="[url="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task"]http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task[/url]">
  <RegistrationInfo>
    <Date>2010-10-16T14:02:27.9404537</Date>
    <Author>Study-PC\Anthony</Author>
  </RegistrationInfo>
  <Triggers />
  <Principals>
    <Principal id="Author">
    <RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>
    <UserId>Study-PC\Anthony</UserId>
    <LogonType>InteractiveToken</LogonType>
    </Principal>
  </Principals>