Fullscreen Windowed mode?

DAOWAce

I'm not trying to automate a game, so I believe this thread is safe.

I'm looking to create a fullscreen windowed mode for AutoIt because certain anti-cheat programs are blocking AutoHotKey from working. (GameGuard for example)

I have this script with AHK:

^+a::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a
WinMove, a, , 0, 0, 1600, 1200
return

Works with anything, when it's not blocked.

Is this possible with AutoIt? I've tried searching but not found anything relating to games, just some GUI thing.

I've been forced to use ShiftWindow as that's the only thing I've found as a workaround but the creator seems to have dropped development ages ago and it's tedious to use.

[size="1"]I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.[/size]

• Developers

I'm not trying to automate a game, so I believe this thread is safe.

"protected by GameGuard" ....Could have fooled me... Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

"protected by GameGuard" ....Could have fooled me...

I'm not sure I understand your post, but are you accusing me of something? (if not, disregard)

Obviously, programs that can be used to get an unfair advantage in games would be blocked. I do not know if AutoIt is blocked because I never use it nor want to figure out how to use it as AHK is what I would prefer to use.

If you are accusing me, then think about it yourself. How could running a program in windowed fullscreen mode possibly be an advantage? If anything, running it in real fullscreen mode is the advantage, since it prevents problems and increases performance. Some games have this option in them, most don't, that's where scripts like this come in.

I think I posted on these forums when I first registered and received this same type of response. I guess that's why I never tried to use AutoIt, since the community felt like throwing out accusations for things they don't really understand.

Edited by DAOWAce

[size="1"]I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.[/size]

...right...so you came to the autoit forums for what? someone to write you something?

No, clearly I came here to be ridiculed...

I'm all for learning something on my own, but I'm not all for spending hours looking through documentation for a specific function for a program I'm almost never going to use for anything else.

• Moderators

I do not know if AutoIt [...] because I never use it nor want to figure out how to use it as AHK is what I would prefer to use

I'm not all for spending hours looking through documentation for a specific function for a program I'm almost never going to use for anything else

And yet you seem to think someone else here who does use AutoIt regularly might spend some of their precious time producing code to help you use your preferred AHK to bypass anti-cheat programs? ;)

Dream on! ;)

Just run back to the AHK forum with the usual "OMG, they are so unfriendly over there!" rant. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

And still people don't understand.

Load the AHK script, use it on anything. ANYTHING. Not even games, just any open window. It fullscreens it without a border.

That is the exact function I want to replicate in AutoIt. It has NOTHING to do with bypassing some random game's anti-cheat software. Even World of Warcraft has this window option built in. Is that clarity enough for you? I swear, you people just see one thing that mentions 'anti cheat' and go ape shit all over the thread.

If someone doesn't want to write this simple script for me, fine. Maybe instead you could spend your precious time and tell me where in documentation this function could be?

Funny that the threads I looked through had people helping eachother willingly without question, even seemed like they enjoyed it. Even you, Melba. Guess a few years changes things.

PS: Is that "so unfriendly rant" that common now? I rarely ever go to the AHK forums. If so, then I guess I should've searched for "unfriendly autoit community" before asking for help.

Edited by DAOWAce

• Developers

I think I posted on these forums when I first registered and received this same type of response.

So you mean to say you were here before under a different name and treated the same way?

Just do yourself and more importantly us a favour and go away. You are indeed going to be ridiculed here for the simple fact you seem to think we are stupid.

Bye,

Jos

*click*

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)