Help in Making Multi Program Installer

Help in Making Multi Program Installer. i have downloaded a Game Installer which has 150 games. In installation i can choose what games i want to install, and i can also choose all of them, after the installation, all the games i check, installed and have an shortcut in Start Menu> all programs.

So this is what i want to ask. I want to ask if how can i do this kind of installer?

I am planning to reformat my computer, but before i do this i want to make a Multi Program Installer. for example, MS office 2007, divx, kaspesky, VLC, adobe photoshop, acrobat reader, firefox and etc; in just 1 Installer / exe. i want to put all programs in 1 exe and have an option whether i will install this and that program or not..

Sorry for the english...

post-60763-1287570149969_thumb.jpg

or i should say i want an installer which will execute (exanple) AVG then i will do type the license keys, then avg will finish the install then another program will automatically execute for example is DivX which install trial version then finish then execute another, install trial, install full version and so on and so fort, then after it finish installing the trial version of all of my program i will just register them all as full version.

Gerwim is half right:

The game installer probably has a huge advantage. I assume all the games use a standardised way of installing, making it easy to just loop through them, skipping the ones that are not checked and using the same instalation routine for all checked games.

You are dealing with a mix of software, all with a unique installation, as a result you will have to write a custom function to install each one.

If you want to put this effort in, then I suggest you do just that: Write a function to automate the installation of program one, then, when it works, write a function to install program two and continue untill you have a working function for each piece of software. After that it will be trivial to create a GUI that allows you to install the ones you desire.

To help with this it's worth finding out if the programs offer a silent installation command line switch, but be aware that this might install extra software like toolbars by default.

P.S. Try to avoid bunping within 24h. If you want to add something, edit it into your last post. (might be that the edit button only appears after a set amount of forum posts)

I have something that will do the job. Understand, one needs to build a package for each game so the installer tool will know what to do. However, if the setup file for the game supports command line then it is easy to do it.

download and unzip. You will need to configure the ini file that pertains to your OS. It has support for Windows 7, but I would need to tweak it to allow it to tell between a 32 bit and 64 bit install.

Install_tool.zip

I use a similar thing written in cmd that runs from a usb stick

I make sure i get editions of programs that support silent switches and install them that way.

Im intending to write the same sort of thing in Autoit when i get around to it ;)

but im trying to do it in a similar way to ninite in that it fetches the latest version of the program when ever you use it.

using something likt this

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
                Exit
        If $msg = $tech_but_1 Then
            If $net_test = 0 Then
                MsgBox (0, "Connection Error", "        No Internet Connection Is Currently Available. ", 5)
                    Else
                        $URL = "http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim/downloadfile/"
                            $file = @ScriptDir & "\file_includes\tech\tech_ccleaner.exe"
                        InetGet ($URL , $file, 1, 0)
                    If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\file_includes\tech\tech_ccleaner.exe") Then
                RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\file_includes\tech\tech_ccleaner.exe /S")
            EndIf
        EndIf
Edited by Chimaera

@aljohnsalomon

I have to say i think ninite is amazing i dont know how it does it either. ive looked everywhere for install switches for adaware, and silverlight and just cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know them? or do they have a script to install adaware one of the new versions? Ive asked them to also do comodo antivirus and firewall as theres no switches for that either.

when you get round to writing your program give me a shout and if you need a hand im available. PM me if you want

Jamie

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

i dont know if its possible to do it in autoit exactly the way you have requested, but if u dont mind u can try a different method like i did. In my case I have more than 20 different applications to be installed and I created a folder with a main calling script and inside that folder is another folder which containts different sub folders which have my applications and their own autoitscript. If i run the main script it automatically parses through all the subfolders alphabetically and invokes the resident application autoit installation script until it finishes with the final folder....this has worked wonders for me and maybe u might wanna do the same...

Edited by goodbyeplanet