Simply clicking a button

steve06

Im very new to all this, just trying to figure out how to automate a button click. For example i am just trying to make a GUI with a button that says defrag and then once clicked i want it to open the defrag application and click on the button to start it.

This is my case within a while loop:

Run('dfrgui.exe')

WinWaitActive("Disk Defragmenter")

Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")

This was working but has now stopped for some reason. I would prefer it if there was a way I could simply automate the programme to send a click to 'button 2' ...? Any help would be great. Thanks

I'm guessing that defrag has command line switches so I think this would be the wrong way to go about your task.

For ideas about how to acheive your goal, take a look at Valuaters MAXOFF program, which I think employs it.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I agree with JohnOne, but if you just want to restore the old scripts functionality you should be able to use this:

Run('dfrgui.exe')
$hWnd = WinWaitActive("Disk Defragmenter")
ControlClick($hWnd,"","[CLASSNN:Button3]")

Make sure the windows title is "Disk Defragmenter". If it doesn't work, use the au3info tool to confirm the button you want to click has the CLASSNN "Button3".