Report Help File Issues Here

Bert

Then I won't be worried about looking at the ones for AutoIt since you are on top of things today.

Thanks

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope im allowed to suggest one

Anyone is allowed to suggest changes.

_DateDiff

Can the remarks section be amended to clearly state that this will not work unless the date is in the correct format for autoit.

Wasted a load of time trying to work out what was wrong and i eventually twigged it was the format

I know it says this

$sEndDate Input End date in the format "YYYY/MM/DD[ HH:MM:SS]"

but i never noticed the format bit till much later

It wouldn't matter if we put that in 30 point bold, people will still skip past it and try to use the function improperly. There is only so much that can be done to draw peoples attention to the Remarks

Edit

And maybe an example of how to reverse dates, i used this

StringRegExpReplace($file_to_change, "\A(\d*)/(\d*)/(\d*)","$3/$2/$1")

I'm not sure that something like that is appropriate for each function where it could be utilized. The longer a page is - the less chance there is of people actually reading through it.

That being said; I've actually been avoiding doing much with the help files for the UDF section. That's because there may be some upcoming changes to those UDFs anyway and whoever does them will probably have to change the docs anyway so they can be looked at when that happens.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Ok m8 well thanks for answering, On that one there is nothing in the remarks so nothing lost really.

I have said before in chat sometimes the level of the examples is a bit to high brow but its because the person writing it is viewing it from the higher perspective.

Im still waiting for an example to come up on the forum for arrays where i go Aaaaah now i get it..

I live in hope, Melba32 has tried a couple of times to help/confuse me with them :mellow:

One day it will happen ...

• Moderators

Chimaera,

Melba32 has tried a couple of times to help/confuse me

More the former than the latter I trust. :mellow:

Have you tried reading the Arrays tutorial in the Wiki? :)

There are quite a few tutorials on other more obscure bits of AutoIt in there as well. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

The online version of the help file has an invalid link in function MsgBox.

When you try to click on

"If "title" is equal to Default keyword @Scriptname is used"

in the remarks section you will get "Not found" because the URL "http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/..\keywords\Default.htm" is invalid

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

That's already been corrected in the docs so I would assume it will be updated online after the next release.

George

I followed that thread and made a note of it. Is it a bug? No. You were also shown the correct way to do it.

Can the help file contain every last detail about every last issue a user may come across? No.

I'll be leaving it alone unless a Dev hinks it should be changed.

George

Yes, but ...

Sometimes I would like the help file to contain not only what a function does but a little bit of insight how it's being done. Internals don't have to be explained to the last detail but a bit of description how things are done helps users to understand why a function behaves like it does.

But it's up to the Devs how much time/effort they want to put into the help file.

Just my 0.02€

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Implementation details are irrelevant. If you find that implementation details are important then you're probably trying to rely on some behavior you shouldn't or the function you are using is poorly written.

• 2 weeks later...

The example for 'GUICtrlCreateMenuItem' is declaring a Global variable within a function and not at the top of the script.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks guinness.

As a matter of fact both of those globals are declared right above as Locals.

So the lines

Global $defaultstatus = "Ready"
Global $status

in the example au3 file

Should be changed to

$defaultstatus = "Ready"

Removing "Global $status" entirely and removing the Global scope from the other.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

You're right :mellow:

Another one I found is shouldn't $WM_MOVING = 0x0216 be in WindowsConstants.au3?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Helpfile and online help

/History of Autoit and Developers/

VALIK

A long time ago I found a Diablo II bot. For whatever reason (Probably to fix something), I learned it was written in AutoIt.....

Cool back then, but not so cool now that gamebot discussion isnt allowed anymore, maybe rewrite the sentence.

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

Why? History does not change simply because our perspective on the details do.

Right, but the confussion it may raise to new members/users.

Also like the title in the forums "Game Automation and bots", should be "No game automation and bots" or simply "game bots discussion not allowed". (seems to have been changed, or i look the wrong place :mellow: )

(fast reply btw :) )

Edited by Werty

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

Right, but the confussion it may raise to new members/users.

If new members can't be bothered to read the forum rules I doubt very seriously they are going to read the little blurb for each of the developers in the help file.

Also like the title in the forums "Game Automation and bots", should be "No game automation and bots" or simply "game bots discussion not allowed". (seems to have been changed, or i look the wrong place :mellow: )

(fast reply btw :) )

That announcement has been hidden since the Forum Rules announcement went live.

• 2 weeks later...

A really minor problem & I mean 'really minor,' in AdlibRegister it states

;... execution must be non blocking, avoid ...Wait(), MsgBox(), InputBox() functions, but shouldn't it be WinWait*() or something to that effect. It was an issue that was brought up here

UDF List:

ProcessWait(), ProcessWaitClose(), RunWait(), ShellExecuteWait(), et all.

Edit: Actually now that I re-read your post... what functions actually do block Adlib callbacks because I don't know. I thought it fired during some of them.

Edited by Valik

Hang on :mellow: ... True, now I re-read that comment too surely it would execute all those functions, well I presume it would but you know what they say about presumption!

UDF List: