Report Help File Issues Here

Bert

Posted Image

- Ignoring (rhetorical) question.

- I will look at ObjCreateInterface() when I feel like it thank you.

- "retardo-logic" Thanks. Comes with the territory I guess.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, there's a lot of stuff that's been reported in this thread. Am I going to have to go through this entire thread post by post correcting things or has somebody already collated all the changes in their own copy of the documentation source?

I have most of them already and I'll submit soon.

In the meantime I have one that needs clarification from a Dev (I guess that would be you).

IniReadSection()

Only the first 32767 chars are taken in account in an section due to Win9x compatibility.

Is that limitation still in place?

If it is still there because of Win 2K then we need to revise that line to replace Win9x with Win 2K

If the limitation is gone then that line should be as well.

As a matter of fact any line that mentions Win9x will need to be looked at since it's no longer supported anyway. We will have to determine if the condition that caused the compatability issue still exists or not though.

Edit:

Regardless of the decision that line has grammar errors in it as well so it will have to be changed anyway but not without a decision first.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Then I think that should be changed to say Win 2K instead of 9x and just correct the grammar. I can use GrepWin to quickly see what other files have the same issue.

Sorry for the delays but I don't get any code time through the week at all now and I'm limited as to how much I can accomplish over the weekend.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Bit of a trivial one here, again with an example not working off the bat because of what may be a typo.

WinMenuSelectItem("[CLASS:Notepad] ", "", "&File", "Page Set&up..." )

Trailing space after "[CLASS:Notepad]"

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Agreed but try to tell that to any MS spell checker. I'll fix it right now while I have a coffee break.

George

For Dll types in general:

It is very misleading that the types are given cases (e.g. "int" and "BOOL") yet are case-insensitive. It should at least mention that it is case insensitive, and be a bit more consistent in which case it uses. For example, DllCall lists a type "HWND" yet uses "hwnd" in the example code.

Of course the case is mimicking the C types, where built in types are lowercase and winapi types are upper case, and since the Dll functions are targeted at people who know what they are doing I'm not concerned about differences in cases between different types, only that it is a) documented and :graduated: consistent.

The way this thread has gone is not working. People report issues. George collates them. I commit them. That's adding in several steps that don't need to exist. If you have repository access and you want to fix something, do it. If you see something reported that needs fixed, do it. The less hands on it the quicker changes will go in. If you have questions then ask us, but otherwise just fix trivial things yourself.

Quick English lesson: To make a word plural add s to the end. For example, to make parent plural make it parents. To make a word possessive add 's. That is apostrophe and s. With the word parent it would become parent's. Why do I bring this up? Because I'm reviewing the grammar changes that have been submitted and some of them are wrong. They are changing possessive words to plural words by removing the apostrophe. So far the only time I've seen this done right is when the original documentation was accidentally possessive when it needed to be plural.

English lesson #2: The conundrum that is its/it's. This is the opposite of the above rule. The contraction it is becomes it's with the apostrophe. The possessive form of it becomes its without an apostrophe. I know it's confusing and I can hardly remember it myself (as reflected by the fact a lot of the its/it's mistakes in the documentation are mine). Never-the-less that is the way it is.

So, if we're going to be grammar nazi's on the documentation we need to be right. Changing things that are correct to make them incorrect doesn't help. Likewise changing incorrect things to different incorrect things doesn't help either.

"@ScriptDir &" has appeared in the Help file when looking under Index. Found in v3.3.7.19.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 4 weeks later...

Encryption Management

Encryption user defined functions Reference

Below is a complete list of the user defined functions available in AutoIt. Click on a user defined function name for a detailed description.

When using them you need to add a #include <Encryption.au3>.

shouldnt this be #Include <Crypt.au3> ??

is there a list in this section anywhere of the possible encyption types?

ie $CALG_RC4 etc etc

Edited by Chimaera

What version of AutoIt are you using? Because in the latest beta this isn't the case.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

is there a list in this section anywhere of the possible encyption types?

ie $CALG_RC4 etc etc

For now just check in Crypt.au3 (hit Alt + I in SciTE when you have caret inside #include <Crypt.au3>) under the section Constants. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Im using

SciTE

Version 2.27

i got the popup thing up but it doesn't work everytime for me.. only just before the au3 and after the dot

maybe it supposed to be like that though, i dunno, it didn't give me any info just added some text in between the dot and au3

I meant Alt + I sorry.

SciTE

Version 2.27

AutoIt, not SciTE. I have a feeling you're using V3.3.6.1, therefore the issue you raised isn't present anymore. Edited by guinness

UDF List: