Report Help File Issues Here

Bert

You didn't mention them but the reason for the "later" was I want to go over a few things with you anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@BrewManNH

It's not that I'm into or not into doing them. A few months back some of us formed a group to try to get the docs corrected and up to date. It just seems that I always manage to check this tread before the others. Maybe they are doing that on purpose though.

_ArrayUnique() noted and added to my list of files to work at.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Well I'm happy to wait :huh2: I just want to give back to the community & I felt I learnt alot from the Examples section.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding a post link here for reference to another help file question.

EDIT: Handled by Valik

Edited by GEOSoft

George

In _TCPIpToName() is says >>

Resolves IP adress to Hostname(s)

but it should be address.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks.

George

• 3 weeks later...

I *think* this is wrong, although checking it is a bit hard.

@MSEC - Milliseconds value of clock. Range is 00 to 999

Should that range start at 000 rather than 00?? It would be wrong for AutoIt if the docs are correct, but running a few tests shows results are always 3 digits long...

I'll have to test that one. If @MSec is 15 then it should only say 15 which is 2 digits.

George

I'll have to test that one. If @MSec is 15 then it should only say 15 which is 2 digits.

I disagree.

All other macro values are padded to be the same number of digits regardless of value, so @MSEC should always be 3 digits. The current behaviour is correct I think, and it is just the docs that are misleading.

That makes perfect sense and it's on the To-Do list now.

George

Oh. I fixed it. 2 years ago. o.o

Now it all makes perfect sense.

I'll change the docs later today.

George

Apparently so and that's the way I read Valiks reply so if it's wrong you can blame him.

George

• 4 weeks later...

As I've been using AutoIt, I've been noting things about the documentation. Hope this helps.

Richard.

I've tried to put the corrections directly under the problem, but the forum software has removed leading spaces :mellow: . (Jos: Changed to CODE box to make that work)

------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt3Wrapper is a Wrapper application for AutoIt3 and Aut2Exe

AutoIt3Wrapper is a AutoIt3/AUT2EXE wrapper program that can compile your script with all settings as saved
                  an

Its is now also used to enable you to: AU3Check and/or Run a Autoit3 script
  x                                                        an AutoIt3
It's or It is

(Scite editor help)
Adding Extra Ico's to the program resources.
             Icons
(Title is correct in the index)

- the example does not work because the file*.ico files are not
in c:\Program Files\AutoIt3.icons
When I put some icons there, renamed to be the ones it wants, the program works
and shows some different icons, (black cross, red cross) from where?

Description of AU3Record .exe
There is a customized version of Larry's AU3Record...

There's two copies of above in the help

Description of Tidy.exe
There's two copies of above in the help

What Obfuscator does:
Rename Func name.x
                s

Exe2Aut\ Contains utils for converting compiled scripts back in to source code.
-not now.
- and in reg keys doc.

Command Line Parameters
- the same section is included twice in:
  - Running Scripts
    - Command Line Parameters

AutoIt v3 is quite different to v2.64
                             from
(I know lots of people are using this, but it's still illogical and horrible.

Whereas this is USA style:
Object variables behave a bit different than other types of AutoIt variables

not quite as illogical or horrible, but well established.

#OnAutoItStartRegister
Registers a function to be called when AutoIt starts.
 - when the ScIte editor starts?
 - when any compiled autoit .exe starts?
 - ?

False / True

Boolean values for use in logical expressions.
These keywords should not be used in expressions as AutoIt ...
Contradictory.

For...In...Next
Autoit Array's are
            x
CRC32 checksum is a little slower than ADLDER but detect better pixel variation
                                                        s

GUIRegisterMsg  (incomplete translation to English)

By default after finishing the user function the AutoIt internal message handler will be proceed.
                                                                                         run.

That won't be        if your Return a value (See WM_COMMAND in example) or if you use the keyword 'Return' without any value.
              run  ?    you?

...al message handler (if there is one for this message) will NOT be proceed!
                                                                     run

!!! If you want AutoIt to run it's internal handler for a message, return the variable $GUI_RUNDEFMSG (in GUIConstantsEx.au3) 

from the function (see also examples) !!!
                              its

I.e. if you want to return earlier than the user function ends and also proceed the AutoIt internal message handler.
                                                                        run

Warning: blocking of running user functions which executes window messages with commands such as "Msgbox()" can lead to 

unexpected behavior, the return to the system should be as fast as possible !!!

Some controls consume internally specific Windows Message ID, so registrating them will have no effect, e.g; WM_CHAR, 

WM_KEYDOWN, WM_KEYUP are consumed by an edit control.
                                                                 registering

(Having put all that right, I still haven't understood it all.)
Send
i.e. "^A" is different to "^a". The
                      from

Number of bits to rotate to the left (negative numbers shift right). If not given, the default is 1.
                                                       rotate

BitXOR returns 1 in a bit position if there are an odd number   1's in the
                                                             of

[optional] Icon name if the file contain   multiple icon.
                                        s                s
If      use this command on a TreeViewItem the first
   you

Switch statement.
The doc does not say that if the expression and values are strings, the comparison is case insensitive.

_SQLite_Encode 

Encodes strings or binary data for use in SQLite query's
                                                 queries

Check if key has been pressed

If calling this function repeatidly, should open 'user32.dll' and pass in handle.
                         repeatedly

(I've forgotten where this is.)
Scite Help is Ctrl-F1, but doc says Ctrl-1

Edited by Jos

• Developers

Updated your post to a CODE box to allow the spaces to be shown.

See you have changes for both the AutoIt3 and SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile there. :mellow:

Edit: I made some of the suggested changes. thanks.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos, did you just get the SciTe4AutoIt3 changes?

If so I'll look at the AutoIt3 changes today.

George

Hope im allowed to suggest one

_DateDiff

Can the remarks section be amended to clearly state that this will not work unless the date is in the correct format for autoit.

Wasted a load of time trying to work out what was wrong and i eventually twigged it was the format

I know it says this

$sEndDate Input End date in the format "YYYY/MM/DD[ HH:MM:SS]"

but i never noticed the format bit till much later

Thanks

Edit

And maybe an example of how to reverse dates, i used this

StringRegExpReplace($file_to_change, "\A(\d*)/(\d*)/(\d*)","$3/$2/$1")
Edited by Chimaera