Where is password option to encrypt my script?

Shiblee

Hi,

I can remember that there was an option to set password (while compiling to exe from au3) to encrypt my script. I've upgraded autoit and this time I don't see anything like that. Am I missing anything? Please let me know how I can set password so that I can encrypt my script.

There goes my screen:

post-59604-12876546083452_thumb.png

Thanks.

Shiblee

You cant, read FAQ for explanations

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Thanks bogQ for you help. Yes, I've read the FAQ now and it seems now I don't need to set password as I'm compiling with version:3.3.6.1. because it cannot be decompiled (some sort of), correct?

Thanks again.

You cant, read FAQ for explanations

yes, correct

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Actually it can be decompiled, but doing so is against the AutoIt terms of use and proof of you decompiling AutoIt scripts could cause you to be banned from this forum.

If you want good protection then I suggest you learn a bit of C++ and use Themida. There is almost nothing that you can do that will make your scripts 'safe' enough to, for example, store log-in details to a bank account or whatever. The main problem is that when you compile an AutoIt script, an exact copy of your code is stored and is expanded into memory. Think of it as a 'folder' with your code, and the executable can read this 'folder' and execute the code within when you run the program, thus allowing 'hackers' to get the source from just about every script you make.

When I make a new script, I send the executable to my friend and he tries to break into it. If he succeeds, he sends me about 50 lines of code that my script contains (not the includes), to show me that it could be broken into. The only one that he has been unsuccessful in retrieving the source code to is one that I used the C++ DLL and Themida to protect.

It's a bit more work, but certain script call for protection that just doesn't exist in AutoIt by default. Themida does not always work well with scripts that the Obfuscator in SciTE cannot obfuscate (namely ones that use the execute() function and objects, such as IE creation), so not all scripts will work correctly when packed using Themida.

Good luck!

Edited by cembry90

AutoIt Stuff:

UDFs: {Grow}