[Solved] Run simple command line apps on 64Bit server

ZipleR

Hey everyone... I am trying to build a script to manage a Citrix farm. I do not want the script to sit on each server, so I have it stored on a network share. The script has several functions built in that call command line tools such as msg.exe, shutdown.exe, schtasks.exe, etc...

I am having a problem where the run command is not firing off the tools I am calling - or the execution is being blocked somehow. Below is one of the functions that I have created which is not working.

I have tried the @ComSpec & " /c, and even captured the output (which is blank as expected).

I did take the Command string (after Run) and place it into a input box so I could select and copy exactly what is being "Run", and the command that was in the input box works as expected when pasted into a command window.

The $LocalList is being passed from a different function that selects the appropriate servers - so in the example below I just created a generic array of servers.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

The script is running on Server 2003R2 x64.

Dim $ServerList[5]=[4,"Server1","Server2","server3","Server4"]

$Result = ForceReboot($serverList);Calls Function passing Array of Servers.

Exit

Func ForceReboot($LocalList)
    If $LocalList[0] > 0 then ;If the list of servers is blank - skips this function.
        For $y = 1 to $LocalList[0] ;Loops through list of servers
            Run ('Shutdown /r /f /t 600 /d p:4:1 /c "Weekly Scheduled Reboot" /m \\' & $LocalList[$y],@SystemDir )
        Next ;Goes to the next server in the list
        Return(1) ;Returns 1 for Success
    Else
        Return(0) ;Returns 0 for Failure
    EndIf

EndFunc
Edited by ZipleR

Ok... I figured this out by using ProcMon. The 64bit WOW redirection was messing with the search path for shell commands. (as well as registry changes)

I was having the same problem when trying to copy files to the System32 folder using a batch file on other 64 bit servers a while back.

To fix it in Autoit - do the following to disable Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection

Dim $ServerList[5]=[4,"Server1","Server2","server3","Server4"]

$Result = ForceReboot($serverList);Calls Function passing Array of Servers.

Exit

Func ForceReboot($LocalList)
    If $LocalList[0] > 0 then ;If the list of servers is blank - skips this function.
        For $y = 1 to $LocalList[0] ;Loops through list of servers
            DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1);Turns off 64 bit redirection   
            Run ('Shutdown /r /f /t 600 /d p:4:1 /c "Weekly Scheduled Reboot" /m \\' & $LocalList[$y],@SystemDir )
            DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 0);Turns 64 bit redirection back on
        Next ;Goes to the next server in the list
        Return(1) ;Returns 1 for Success
    Else
        Return(0) ;Returns 0 for Failure
    EndIf

EndFunc
Edited by ZipleR

If you add a @SW_MAXIMIZE parameter to the run command can you verify that the shutdown command is being ran at all? Is there an anti-virus/network security software affecting this?

Yeah. I thought it was maybe some type of security built into windows. We use McAfee, and there was nothing being logged in the logs relating to it...