Using QT libarary in GUI?

tip

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a way to create progress bars like the ones in gnome shell(linux). Then it occurred to me that there is qt library available for windows.

I 'm not very familiar with C++ language but is there a way to use qt4 dll's in Autoit created guis?

Thanks in advance

Tip

[center]MsgBox_Tipped: Eye candy msgboxes/inputboxes/loginboxes. | CreateBlankBox: Semi-transparent layers with borders and rounded corners.[/center]

I 'm not very familiar with C++ language but is there a way to use qt4 dll's in Autoit created guis?

Not really sure what you mean

- if there is a ready-made UDF around QT? No. And don't think there will ever be, The QT lib is object orientated and by this it would be much more than simply wrapping some functions from the .dll's.

- if it's possible to extend an au3 GUI script with some features from QT lib - don't think so - QT is a complete framework with complete different internal architecture with own message loops, handling etc.

- If it's theoretically possible to use some features from QT (e.g. XML)? Maybe. If you can write an interface .dll for communication between an au3 script and a QT app or QT based .dll - but would definetly require some advanced Cpp knowledge.

I think it should be possible to create a DLL in C++ that uses QT to create a window with an AutoIt-GUI as parent, but I think the overhead of the framework is just too big for a simple progressbar.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes