Read percentage

Hi Guys

Im using the following code to create an iso however i have no idea how long it will take as there is no screen or information. Is there anyway to read the information and display it?

$doscommand = ('mkisofs.exe -l -J -r -V "APHC" -o "' & @DesktopDir & '\APHC.iso" ' & '"' & @ScriptDir & '"')
    MsgBox(64,"Information","This will create an iso called APHC.iso in the following directory " & @DesktopDir)
    _RunDOS($doscommand)

thnaks for all your help

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

There is no need to use _RunDOS.

Just use Run with the Show-Flag @SW_HIDE and the flags to enable StdoutRead

$pid = Run("mkisofs.exe ...", "", @SW_HIDE, 0x8) ; 0x8 = $STDERR_MERGED (StdOutRead receives Stdout and stderr)
$sOutput = ''
While 1
    Sleep(50)
    $sRead = StdoutRead($pid)
    If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
    $sOutput &= $sRead
    ToolTip($sOutput)
WEnd
StdioClose($pid)
ToolTip("")
MsgBox(0, 'Finished', $sOutput)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Wow brilliant thanks ill try that solution soon. Just for my knowledge, i know understand your method will enable the stdout to be read but whats the difference between your method and the rundos method. whats rundos better used for?

thanks again

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage