Dynamic IP Address

anixon

My ISP provides me with a dynamic IP address which I can convert to a static address provided that I pay a $60 per annum subscription. Notwithstanding that I have an always on Internet connection against which together together with other network devices I impose a power management regime in order to reduce cost.

During business hours I use a VNC connection to remote manage a server which requires the then current ADSL/2 Port IP address in order to make the connection. At the moment prior to going to remote I am having to logon to the Router in order to confirm the then current IP address which I then update in the VNC Viewer configuration file.

Is it possible for AutoIT to read the router configuration file and extract the IP addresses which I can then add to a text file and make it available to a remote client which I could code in

AutoIT as an automated process.

Comments would be appreciated. Ant..Posted Image

Thanks for the information and the time you have taken to respond.

At the moment I have a website under construction.

In the meantime I am writing the information to a text file at timed intervals which I save to a password protected Dropbox Folder. The contents of that folder is automatically syncronised with my Dropbox Service. Their web site is located at www.dropbox.com I am running the Dropbox Client on my iPhone which allows me to access the IP text file from anywhere/anytime either via a 3G or Wi-Fi connection. I only ever needed the constantly changing Public address for a VNC client which is also run on the iPhone this allows me to remotely manage the Desktop which runs a number of different services. My issue was to always have access to my ever changing dynamic Public IP Address.

Thanks again Ant..