Help

Ok..I'm thinking of writing an RPG in AutoIt and I needed to know a few things before I begin:

1. How can you turn "full screen"?

2. How can you trap keys? (So that when the user presses a key, smth will happen)

I'm using AutoIt because I want to build everything as lotsa classes&objects..And I'm aiming at something very simplistic..2D..no graphics..any ideas?Oh yea...and a 2 sided array to store the dungeon..

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

Do you know all that much about AutoIt? I would think that creating an RPG would require that you have at least an intermediate knowledge of the language.

1. Full screen what? A GUI? Use the $WS_MAXIMIZE style.

2. HotKeySet

As for the classes/objects thing, AutoIt doesn't support creating custom objects. I'm pretty sure the only object oriented part of the language is interfacing with COM objects.

I know enough about programming in general, and I would suspect I know *enough* about AutoIt to start coding something like this..A "GUI", but a GUI in which you can "draw"..Hmmm..Can you draw pixels on a GUI Screen?And furthermore, what DLL's can I use so I can go fullscreen on 640x480, or whatever..I'll need to be able to draw lines, pixels, load bmps..etc..I was thinking about the DirectX SDK and ways of calling some funcs. from there..anyone with experience in such a matter, please contact me..

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

I know enough about programming in general, and I would suspect I know *enough* about AutoIt to start coding something like this..A "GUI", but a GUI in which you can "draw"..Hmmm..Can you draw pixels on a GUI Screen?And furthermore, what DLL's can I use so I can go fullscreen on 640x480, or whatever..I'll need to be able to draw lines, pixels, load bmps..etc..I was thinking about the DirectX SDK and ways of calling some funcs. from there..anyone with experience in such a matter, please contact me..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you don't know enough about AutoIt to know that AutoIt is not a good language to attempt what you wish to attempt.