Force Logitech g25 settings

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an utility that automatically set some Logitech G25 settings (mainly degrees of rotation, OperatingRange key) before launching a program without having to set it manually opening che Game control Panel.

G25 settings are stored in some registry keys, so not really an issue to set it, but unfortunately I didn't find a way to make this new settings applied before launching the game. Most games doesn't have an internal routine to read this setting and simply use the S.O. settings that, even if changed, are still to be applied.

I found only 2 ways that for different reason don't suite my needs: the first is to manually open tha game control panel, going into the properties (settings are already correctly set) and then click apply, so that new settings are applied. The other way is to launch the Logitech Gaming software that force the refresh of that parameters.

So I'm trying an easy way to call a command and/or a routine that force the renew of this parameters, assuming that I want my utility work totally automatic and without need of Logitech Game software.

Already tried to force a re-read of registry ( RUNDLL32.EXE USER32.DLL,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters ,1 ,True ) it doesn't work.

Sorry if I asked stupid things, but I'm quite noob in programming but I'll really aprreciate if someone could help me.

Thank You

Marco

Here you canfind the registry key involved in XP

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\GlobalDeviceSettings\G25]

"PersistentSpringEnable"=dword:00000000

"OverallGainPercentage"=dword:00000060

"SpringGainPercentage"=dword:00000000

"DamperGainPercentage"=dword:00000000

"DefaultSpringGainPercentage"=dword:00000000

"CombinedPedalsEnable"=dword:00000000

"OperatingRange"=dword:00000384

"GameSettingsEnable"=dword:00000001

"ForceFeedbackEnable"=dword:00000001

You could create an AutoIt wrapper that simply does the required RegRead()/RegWrite()'s and then does Run() on your app.

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law