random file selector

so here is the quick and dirty. i have a movie collection with almost 1400 movies in a folder. im looking for some help writing a script/program that will randomly select any movie out of this folder and then play the file in VLC media player. i know this isnt an impossible feat as i have successfully written the exact script to do this in my Linux partition, i want a version to do this in windows as well though because i flip flop between linux and windows frequently due to program compatability issues in linux. i also would in addition just like to learn how to write a program like this in windows as well. here is my script from my linux build

cd '/media/2TB Media/01. Movies'

set -- *

length=$#

m=$(( $RANDOM % ($length + 1) ))

vlc --one-instance --volume 1024 "${!m}"

exit 0

now i dont know if i could just input this with a corrected directory structure for my windows build in AutoIT and compile a program. any help or suggestions AT ALL would be greatly appreciated.

_FileListToArray - to get all your movie names into an array

Random - to get a number between 1 and the maximum number of elements

Play array element number (the one generated by Random function)

That sould get you well started.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

ended up getting this program working fine, still need to add functionality to be able to read files in a subdirectory, right now can only read files in the main directory. ill post the final product and source in a couple days when i get a chance. im open to any suggestions or improvements anybody may have after they check it out

Edited by Haagimus