install autoit application on pc without autoit

I have finished my autoit coding but I noticed that when i install my applications on a computer without autoit some of my scripts are not running as intended but they do run okay on my laptop with autoit installed. is there anything I need to be aware of when I prepare to install my finished autoit applications on pcs without autoit installed. thank you for your help

If you use activex, dll's etc. that are not on the client's computer, you must include them. Doesn't matter if the client has AutoIt installed or not.

Have you compiled them to .exe files? If so, you don't need AutoIt installed to run them.

There are differences between various Windows versions that can cause problems. Perhaps you hard-coded a path that is different on your laptop than the run-time environment. 64/32 bit versions make a difference, etc.

What OS version is on your laptop, and what is it on a failing computer? Exactly how does it fail?

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Are you compiling your scripts into executables, or deploying them as AU3 or A3X?

well each script (AU3)is in its folder and in this folder is another executable file called autosetup.exe. if i click on autosetup.exe it should invoke the AU3 script. i dont know if that was right since i am new into this. on my laptop its all okay but on the new pc if i click on autosetup.exe it only shows the welcome screen of the application thats about to be installed and stops there. to be direct in answering your question I can say I do not remember doing anything to do with compiling but the main application code is still a AU3.

well each script (AU3)is in its folder and in this folder is another executable file called autosetup.exe. if i click on autosetup.exe it should invoke the AU3 script.

Is the autosetup.exe a script/program someone else wrote for you? Or is it a setup program for something you want to install, and have AutoIt automate the user screens?

If you are trying to automate an installation, your AutoIt script needs to be compiled into an executable (in the help file, go to AutoIt-->Using AutoIt-->Compiling Scripts). You can then have your script launch the setup program (read up on Run() command) and do its thing.

Have you compiled them to .exe files? If so, you don't need AutoIt installed to run them.

There are differences between various Windows versions that can cause problems. Perhaps you hard-coded a path that is different on your laptop than the run-time environment. 64/32 bit versions make a difference, etc.

What OS version is on your laptop, and what is it on a failing computer? Exactly how does it fail?

:graduated:

I have linux and windows on my laptop. But i created my scripts in windows xp sp3, my new desktop computers also hv windows xp sp3.....on the target pc it only displays the welcome screen of the application that is about to be installed and then stops there and doesnt even run a single line. compiling scripts??? let me check the help file about compiling scripts. I have never heard of that. I will try to go thru the help manual and if i fail to understand i will come back and ask.

Here is a simple step by step.

Write your code and save it.

This is saved as a .au3 file. It is just a plain text file really. The .au3 lets computers with AutoIt installed know what to do when you double click it. By default this runs the script but I like to set mine to edit the script when opened.

Compile your script.

This is not a true compiler like in the C languages. In those languages the compiler builds all of your code into low level code the machine can read and execute. This is a .exe file. What the AutoIt compiler really does is package your script and the AutoIt interpreter together inside a .exe file. When you run the .exe, it knows to take the script stored inside it and run it through the AutoIt interpreter which executes your script.

Copy the compiled .exe to the other computer

Also copy any files referenced by the script. For example if your script looks for an image or maybe a dll in a certain location, you better be sure to copy that file to the proper place on the other computer. You do not need the .au3 file on the other computer as this is contained within the compiled .exe file.

Run the compiled .exe file on the other computer