Help needed understanding error

gritts

I am attempting to write somesimple code that has two purposes. One for learning sake and the other in hopes to pull updated stats from a web page to parse into a report. Following the examples included in the help file I was able to come up with the script below. However, when I run it, I get the message "$_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType". Am I missing an option or is there another step I should throw in to retrieve the data.

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate  ("<a href='http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/ATT' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/ATT</a>")
$oTable  = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE)

$aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray  ($oTable,True)
_ArrayDisplay($aTableData)
<br clear="all">

The array of data does not get displayed. Any suggestions? The URL is one I am using to test with.

The forum is screwing with our code and AutoIt tags. Can you repost your code without the tags?

:graduated:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Your $oTable is a collection, not a single table object. To get a particular table by 0-based index, add the index to the parameters:

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 0) ; 0 = first table index

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

That got it exactly. Not sure why I was not thinking to use a 0 for the index value (had tried a 1 previously)

To expand on this further, if I wanted to retrieve the table by its ID name ("ID = schedule" in this case), is there an approach I can use? My thought here is that if the page design was ever changed, the table name would likely remain the same where as the table index may change.

Either _IEGetObjById() or _IEFormElementGetObjByName() (note 'name' and 'id' properties are both in the same namespace). See help file.