This is really annoying

Everytime I use Autoit my computer starts behaving strangely after certain intervals of about 10 - 20 minutes. It doesnt freeze but it just turns the entire computer upside down, by this i mean the keyboard, mice stop working normally. for example when i click it behaves as if i have clicked 20 links and it will start opening applications and closing them down all automatically. if i use the keyboard and press maybe the letter B it just gives a beep. when I click to open a folder nothign happens. But when I close all my autoit applications and autoit folders and anything to do with autoit everything returns to normal and then I start again and after about 10 minutes or so it happens again. Now this has really annoyed me and yesterday I shouted all I can at my computer but that didnt make it behave differently. By the way this doesnt happen when i am not using autoit so its definitely not a virus or a trojan nor is it a problem with my pc. How can I get over this annoying problem..

This is the kind of crap I get from my QA dept at work. How could you possibly resolve this situation given the information provided?

"When I use water, I sometimes get electrocuted and once I couldn't breathe for almost 45 seconds..."

I suggest, you just not use water.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

This is the kind of crap I get from my QA dept at work. How could you possibly resolve this situation given the information provided?

"When I use water, I sometimes get electrocuted and once I couldn't breathe for almost 45 seconds..."

I suggest, you just not use water.

Lar.

So u think i am stupid to ask such a question? Listen man I am not on this forum to play games with anyone. If u need more information why cant u just say so. I have just stated the problem I have thats all. I use other programming languages and I have never had that problem but i only have it when i use autoit. Listen If u dont want to help me just dont waste your time telling me I am posting crap.

Ok people if i am wrong with my question I will appreciate it if you let me know the information that you really need. I have just stated the problem as it is. Its really not nice when u start making fun of me when i am sincerely asking. I am also new to autoit. First I installed autoit on my pc and on using it i noticed that it distabilized my pc (almost freezing it) and then solving the problem by closing down autoit. I also tried to install it on a different laptop and it gave me the same result. Could it be something I am not doing after i install autoit or something I need to be aware of after i install autoit or when i am using the editor. This is real people and i thought someone might give me some advice...I am sorry if I have annoyed you.

Did you download and install AutoIt from this site or another? If from another site, remove and get it from this site.

Do you have any scripts set to autorun? if yes, stop them and look at thier code.

have you done virus checks with reputable antivirus/malware apps? if no, do so. It may be an infection unrelated to AutoIt.

Have you altered any of AutoIt's config files? Even if no, you may want to uninstall and reinstall AutoIt just in case.

I could keep going with the possible problems/solutions, but there are just so many.

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

It's just difficult to diagnose when you state:

"But when I close all my autoit applications and autoit folders and anything to do with autoit everything returns to normal"

That means you have more than one script running. We need you to do some troubleshooting and come back to us.

Start by only running 1 script and see if the problems result, by this way you will know which script is causing the problem. Next, turn off some of the functions of the script and see if it fixes the problem. If so, then you have narrowed the problem down to a specific function.

If you then bring that function and post it on this forum, we can help you solve the problem...Until then, Good Luck.

Did you download and install AutoIt from this site or another? If from another site, remove and get it from this site.

Do you have any scripts set to autorun? if yes, stop them and look at thier code.

have you done virus checks with reputable antivirus/malware apps? if no, do so. It may be an infection unrelated to AutoIt.

Have you altered any of AutoIt's config files? Even if no, you may want to uninstall and reinstall AutoIt just in case.

I could keep going with the possible problems/solutions, but there are just so many.

1). I didnt download autoit from this site. Will uninstall and download from this site.

2). Yes I have some scripts on autorun. I will check them. thanks for that. I also have a script in the registry that autostarts on pc boot.

3). I have up to date antivirus programs and professional version of malwarebytes.

Thanks for your insights. I will try your suggestions and see if it helps.

It's just difficult to diagnose when you state:

"But when I close all my autoit applications and autoit folders and anything to do with autoit everything returns to normal"

That means you have more than one script running. We need you to do some troubleshooting and come back to us.

Start by only running 1 script and see if the problems result, by this way you will know which script is causing the problem. Next, turn off some of the functions of the script and see if it fixes the problem. If so, then you have narrowed the problem down to a specific function.

If you then bring that function and post it on this forum, we can help you solve the problem...Until then, Good Luck.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it once more and see if it helps

Imho chip.de is a trustworthy source (big IT magazine here in Germany). Debugging the running scripts (start one at a time only, to see which script causes the problems) would be my first guess, but maybe autoit interferes with you av software somehow?