A Dark Theme for Scite

Arion

The current theme in Scite makes for a really hard time on the eyes. I've tried adding themes from elsewhere but it isn't working right.

Edit:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was complaining. Rather, I was wondering if anyone had worked out a dark theme such as the one used in the Lua version of scite.

Edited by Arion

[quote]“Programming is like *ex: one mistake and you’re providing support for a lifetime.”(Michael Sinz)[/quote] [quote]“There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.”(Alan J. Perlis)[/quote]

• Developers

The current theme in Scite makes for a really hard time on the eyes. I've tried adding themes from elsewhere but it isn't working right.

Edit:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was complaining. Rather, I was wondering if anyone had worked out a dark theme such as the one used in the Lua version of scite.

Use the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and SciTECOnfig to create your own....

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I've got the full installation, and either I'm not reading some of the configuration right, or it isn't (yes I've tried the config app as well as editing the config files by hand). I've got the Lua dark theme which is a decent start, but I can't seem to get Scite to apply to *.au3 files.

Note: I attached a screenshot of what I've got working so far. The main things I can't get to change are the caret background and the main background.

[quote]“Programming is like *ex: one mistake and you’re providing support for a lifetime.”(Michael Sinz)[/quote] [quote]“There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.”(Alan J. Perlis)[/quote]

I believe I've found the problem. The color chooser returns 0x000000 for black so in the case statement on line 450, the script would not set the color if it was equal to 0. It was the same for the main background. I've attached a somewhat fixed version. For some odd reason it is still not writing to the configurations files correctly. Hopefully someone here can find the solution to that, if not I'll work on it tonight when I get off of work.

SciteConfig.au3

Edited by Arion

???

To apply, or activate, a preset color setup with SciteConfig (included in scite4AutoIt3). You need a "<Name>.SciTEConfig" file in the SciteConfig home folder. (..\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEConfig\)

To create a "<Name>.SciTEConfig" preset file.

- Use SciteConfig to change the current colors/styles to how you like them.

- Close(apply) SciteConfig and open the "SciteUser.Properties" file (see Options menu, "Open User options file").

- Selects and copy the SciteConfig section at the bottom of the file. And past it into a new "<Name>.SciTEConfig".

You now (save) have a new scheme available in SciteConfig.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
# START: DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING AFTER THIS LINE     #-#-#-#-#
# Created by SciTEConfig
#------------------------------------------------------------
font.base=font:Verdana,size:11
<snip>
style.au3.15=fore:#0079F2,italics,bold,back:#C9C9C9
# END => DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BEFORE THIS LINE  #-#-#-#-#-#
#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

I believe I've found the problem. The color chooser returns 0x000000 for black so in the case statement on line 450, the script would not set the color if it was equal to 0. It was the same for the main background. I've attached a somewhat fixed version. For some odd reason it is still not writing to the configurations files correctly. Hopefully someone here can find the solution to that, if not I'll work on it tonight when I get off of work.

Arion,

I see you are telling me that you seem to have a problem but I am not sure what it is.

There is not screen shot either.

Have you checked SciTEUser.properties to see what was saved after clicking on the Update button?

What environment are you on?

Have you used the standard installer to install SciTE4AutoIt3?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry, forgot to click the attach button for that one. Anyway, I've been constantly reloading all the config files but with no success. I believe the SciteConfig.au3 file in the installation is a bit outdated, as the version has 0.0.0 on it. If it's true, is there any way I could get an up-to-date copy of the source? I'll gladly send the original dev any changes I make for approval. If I'm wrong then I've got quite a few aesthetic and functionality fixes to submit to the original dev.

Sorry, got a bit side tracked there, I'm using an up-to-date version of Vista with the full version of Scite4AutoIt3.

On a side note, I successfully managed to get the SciteConfig.au3 app to change themes but am finding other small issues along the way.

post-60349-0-53235800-1289463450_thumb.j

Update: I finally got it to work correctly. The background color bugs are still in the compiled version, in order to get around them I used R:000 G:000 B:001

post-60349-0-12369500-1289465023_thumb.j

Oh, and, not to offend anyone, but I would still like to work on this with the original dev(s). I believe that is you, right Jos?

Edited by Arion

• Developers

Oh, and, not to offend anyone, but I would still like to work on this with the original dev(s). I believe that is you, right Jos?

Correct, that is why I asked the questions.

I did a Winmerge on the changes you did but I wasn't sure what that would do.

It always helps if you give me the steps to replicate the issue so I can test it myself and see if you proposed fix is the correct on.

Not sure why you say the version is 0.0.0.0 unless you run the au3 version which would make sense to me as I retrieve the version from the ran script.

Global $VERSION = FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Correct, that is why I asked the questions.

I did a Winmerge on the changes you did but I wasn't sure what that would do.

It always helps if you give me the steps to replicate the issue so I can test it myself and see if you proposed fix is the correct on.

Not sure why you say the version is 0.0.0.0 unless you run the au3 version which would make sense to me as I retrieve the version from the ran script.

Global $VERSION = FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)

In the end, the only real issue with the 'Background' and 'CaretLine' colors.

This code starts on line 442 in my current file.

Case $rc = $H_Background_Color
    ; Start changes
    $tempcolor = SelectColor($Background_Color, $Background_Color)
    If $tempcolor <> 0 Then ; This causes the issue
        $Background_Color = $tempcolor
    Else
        $Background_Color = '0x000000' ; This fixed the issue
    EndIf
    Update_Window()
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($H_Background_Label, $Background_Color)
    GUICtrlSetData($H_Background_Label, "Background Color:" & StringLower($Background_Color))
Case $rc = $H_CaretLine_Color
    $tempcolor = SelectColor($CaretLine_Color, $CaretLine_Color)
    If $tempcolor <> 0 Then ; This causes the issue
        $CaretLine_Color = $tempcolor
    Else
        $CaretLine_Color = '0x000000' ; This fixed the issue
    EndIf
    Update_Window()
    ; End Changes
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($H_CaretLine_Label, $CaretLine_Color)
    GUICtrlSetData($H_CaretLine_Label, "Caret line Color:" & StringLower($CaretLine_Color))

• Developers

I know... they showed up during the winmerge.

I will have a look to see if I can replicate the issue and look at what your fix changes, because one thing I noticed is that you uncomment the 2 lines below Update_Window() but these are already in this UDF so are not needed.

Anyway, I will have a look and see how it needs to be fixed permanently.

Thanks

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Looking at it Iam not sure any more why I used the temp variable. This should be working fine:

Case $rc = $H_Background_Color
            $Background_Color = SelectColor($Background_Color, $Background_Color)
            Update_Window()
            ;
        Case $rc = $H_CaretLine_Color
            $CaretLine_Color = SelectColor($CaretLine_Color, $CaretLine_Color)
            GUICtrlSetBkColor($H_CaretLine_Label, $CaretLine_Color)
            GUICtrlSetData($H_CaretLine_Label, "Caret line Color:" & StringLower($CaretLine_Color))

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Awesome, I wasn't to sure about those extra lines myself so I went ahead and removed the semicolons. As for the version issue, FileGetVersion() returns 0.0.0.0 if there is an error (a lot of the functions are extremely inconsistent when it comes to error reporting), I checked the .au3 file and it doesn't have any version information which explains that. On another note, I've got a few aesthetic changes as well but I will need a little bit to get them finished, but I should be able to send them to you for approval within the next two hours. On that note, sometime in the near future, I would greatly appreciate a copy of your up-to-date file, if possible.

Edit: Typo fixes...

Edit2: If you would prefer instant messenger, private message, etc. to discuss fixes and such, just let me know.

Edited by Arion

• Developers

Awesome, I wasn't to sure about those extra lines myself so I went ahead and removed the semicolons. As for the version issue, FileGetVersion() returns 0.0.0.0 if there is an error (a lot of the functions are extremely inconsistent when it comes to error reporting), I checked the .au3 file and it doesn't have any version information which explains that. On another note, I've got a few aesthetic changes as well but I will need a little bit to get them finished, but I should be able to send them to you for approval within the next two hours. On that note, sometime in the near future, I would greatly appreciate a copy of your up-to-date file, if possible.

Edit: Typo fixes...

Edit2: If you would prefer instant messenger, private message, etc. to discuss fixes and such, just let me know.

I always upload intermediate fixes to utilities to the Beta download directory to make it available between new installers.

As to the version: I do not consider it a issue as the intent is to run the compiled version. I just always supply the source for others to be able to look at it and come with suggestions. :graduated:

Thanks

jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I always upload intermediate fixes to utilities to the Beta download directory to make it available between new installers.

As to the version: I do not consider it a issue as the intent is to run the compiled version. I just always supply the source for others to be able to look at it and come with suggestions. :(

Thanks

jos

Ok, I deeply apologize, but it's taking a bit longer to find everything than I thought it would and it's time for me to go to work. All I have left to do is add in some lines to the read and write functions and then some debugging before I can send it to you for approval. Hopefully I'll be able to finish tonight after I get off work.

(I will say though, if you approve my changes you may just have to increase the version to 2.0!)

:graduated:

• Developers

Ok, I deeply apologize, but it's taking a bit longer to find everything than I thought it would and it's time for me to go to work. All I have left to do is add in some lines to the read and write functions and then some debugging before I can send it to you for approval. Hopefully I'll be able to finish tonight after I get off work.

(I will say though, if you approve my changes you may just have to increase the version to 2.0!)

:graduated:

Take your time ... no rush here :(

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Before I forget. While SciteConfig is on the operation table. I think a direct way to save the current config setup to a new scheme config file would be a nice feature to compliment the scheme loading feature.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Before I forget. While SciteConfig is on the operation table. I think a direct way to save the current config setup to a new scheme config file would be a nice feature to compliment the scheme loading feature.

I haven't touched the scheme feature since it was introduced back in 2007 for the simple fact that I requested everbody to send me some good scheme's and the only persons that shown any interest were Jon and Valik. (Actually they were moaning about my colorfull scheme and wanted more the MSDEV version).

So I concluded that: no response = no interest.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I can understand that, that's one of the reasons I've stopped working on my GD2 port, no interest.

Clear. No apparent interest will do that.

Knock Knock ...