Using Function From Resource

Using the resource UDF i am trying to use data for a function but i have seemed to fail. This is really important for me please help. Below is the way i was trying to do but i dont think you can use a variable for a funtion normally.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=Text.txt, 10, data

#include <resources.au3>

$Text = _ResourceGetAsString("data")

$Test

Func $Test
$Text
EndFunc

$Text conatains the function data

Understand?

Understand?

No :graduated:

But what I can tell you:

- function names never start with "$" ("Func $Test" is completely wrong - I could be "Func Test()") - "$" tells AutoIt that the following part is a variable (not a function)

- having only a variable in the function content -> that function does absolutely nothing

My advice - stay away from functions until you understand them better. Read more about functions, variables then try again (maybe do some tutorials...?)

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

I think the "Eval" function might work ill have a try.

Gah i dont think there is any way for the actual contents of the function to be stored or used in anyway other than the normal way. Isnt there any genious that can solve my problem?

Extract function from resource and store as variable > DONE

Use this data for a function > FAIL

...?

Edited by NeverGiveUp

Functions are not dynamic that way, they must be defined at "compile-time" (before running). The nearest to what you want would be to put the extra stuff in includes and then rewrite and rerun the main-script.

Edit: reworded first sentence.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Thanks. Although the whole point of me wanting to do this is because i have a small peice of code which is detected by 2 AV's. Dont ask what this code is although the point of this is to Encrypt/Hide this raw code which is a function and decrypt/unhide it at runtime. Any ideas?

The AV could just be looking at the text in the script, you could try encrypting parts of it. Like this:

#Include <String.au3>

Execute(_StringEncrypt(0, 'D90D4709198C6E79DD9AC97687635C3CDD577F135623E180EDD13BCB8DE13E08FAAF89FA2A96775F09317D1E8260DCC343D3E88C79F84E55F339295C2EB8195B28CA8C7A273063BC8539C21232B0C787259EBFAC6110320663BF1F83E4A8CF0E692194A7EFDE52347B8EC7FEBDA84756DCB70DBA284377F62BB6DD92D8B2272B92F8', 123))

I got that string from:

#Include <String.au3>

ConsoleWrite(_StringEncrypt(1, 'MsgBox(0, "Some title", "This text is not visible in the script")', 123) & @CRLF)

Or read from an external file FileRead/IniRead

This might be a way:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=test.txt, rt_rcdata, txtdata
#include "resources.au3"
$string = _ResourceGetAsString("txtdata")
$line=StringSplit($string,"|")
$gui = GUICreate("I'm just an empty GUI",400,400)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

MsgBox(0, "This is not from the resource", "We will execute the following simple functions from the resource test.txt:"&@CRLF&@CRLF&"1: "&$line[1]&@CRLF&"2: "&$line[2]&@CRLF&"3: "&$line[3])
_Test1()
Sleep(200)
_Test2()
Sleep(200)
_Test3()

While 1
    Sleep(10)
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Test1()
    Execute($line[1])
EndFunc

Func _Test2()
    Execute($line[2])
EndFunc

Func _Test3()
    Execute($line[3])
EndFunc

Put this:

Run("Notepad.exe")|GuiSetBkColor(0x990000)|MsgBox(0,"I am...","... From the resource!...")
in test.txt, for testing.

Compile the script after that.