HELP PLEASE

I am attempting to learn how to use AutoIT and the option of using the modified SciTe sounds vary good. I've installed them both and am having trouble getting the split window up with the function list. Shift+F1 doesn't do anything and I havn't found the menu option to activate it? Any ideas.

Also while I'm asking questions, is it possible to work in windows that are hidden? I would like to perform much of the script I need to write in hidden windows. Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

I am attempting to learn how to use AutoIT and the option of using the modified SciTe sounds vary good.  I've installed them both and am having trouble getting the split window up with the function list.  Shift+F1 doesn't do anything and I havn't found the menu option to activate it?  Any ideas.

Place the caret on a function name in the Scite editor, then press Shift+F1.

Also while I'm asking questions, is it possible to work in windows that are hidden?  I would like to perform much of the script I need to write in hidden windows.  Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It can be done.

Run('notepad', '', @SW_HIDE)
WinWait('Untitled')
ControlSend('Untitled', '', 'Edit1', 'ABC')
Sleep(3000)
WinSetState('Untitled', '', @SW_SHOW)
Edited by MHz