World of Warcraft Bot

Hawkpath

Haha. I'm sure there are hundreds of other threads about this but I failed to find one addressing my problem. I just started using AutoIt and I tried to make a program that sends commands to WoW. My code:

Sleep(5000)
ControlSend("World of Warcraft", "{TAB}")

Very simple. I press F5, switch to WoW and wait 5 seconds....... nothing happens.Pressing tab should target the nearest enemy. I looked up the problem and read somewhere that programs like WoW had to be sent key presses in some special way; you couldn't just use Send() or ControlSend(). However the article failed to mention a remedy. So my question is: "What is the special procedure/function I need to use to be able to send key presses to WoW?". Thank you very much!

Edited by Hawkpath

Whats the use of an automation script if you can't automate games with it? Let me rephrase my question: I'm interested in the problem that arouses when you try to send commands to some games. I'm not going to automate any games, I'm just wondering about the concept. Can anyone explain this to me please?

There are many uses for automation besides games. The one fact that will remain is the one where game threads are not allowed on these forums. Gamers ruined it for themselves and a line had to be drawn. It was drawn and it stands.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Whats the use of an automation script if you can't automate games with it?

seriously, seriously?

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

:graduated:

Dude - with every post you make your situation worse and make yourself sound ridiculous.

Just drop the subject, apologize and don't bring this up anymore - you'll enjoy a longer life on this forum.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

:graduated:

Dude - with every post you make your situation worse and make yourself sound ridiculous.

Just drop the subject, apologize and don't bring this up anymore - you'll enjoy a longer life on this forum.

This isn't much of a forum if its members don't provide help. Thanks for the negative replies and useless sardonic suggestions.

This forum has rules and one of them forbids game automation (bots and whatever).

Are you surprised nobody helped you to break that rule? Did you wonder why??

Guess Not.

Edit: you're right ... the few hundred thousands posts in this forum are all about bad people scaring away honest wannabe botters.

Edited by enaiman

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

I'm not going to help you bot, but I will suggest that you read the help file. What you do on your own time (outside of the forums) is your own business. Don't bring it here though. It's just the way it has to be.

Referring to your code, the only help I will offer is that your code is wrong.

Edited by cembry90

AutoIt Stuff:

UDFs: {Grow}

Guys, don't be so rude.

AutoIt is a language specialized for automation, and it's obvious it'll be massively used for game automation, and questions like these will pop once in a while.

Instead of being sarcastic to new users like these, you should just explain that allowing game bots discussions in this forum will lead to thousands of kids/inexperienced scripters looking to be spoon fed and turning this forum into a huge pile of spam.

To the guy that asked the question, try and find a basic AutoIt tutorial on the Internet and try optimizing what you learned to anything you want to do with AutoIt, the options are limitless (almost).

• Moderators

IgorChete,

Guys, don't be so rude.

No-one has been rude yet - but if you carry on like this you might well find out what rude means if a certain Mod appears! :(

The OP missed the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT explaining that game bots are not to be discussed. He was, however, cordially welcomed to the forum in the first reply and pointed to the announcement. Subsequent comments by him drew suitable responses from other members.

questions like these will pop once in a while

They pop up far too often because impatient botters (and what botter is not impatient - it goes hand in hand with their desire to cheat) miss the announcement. Most members here will point them towards it - if they pay attention to the warning that is the end of the matter. If they start arguing they merely draw attention to themselves and subsequent topics are exaimined more closely.

Remember this is NOT a democracy - the site owner sets the rules and we play here - or leave involuntarily - by them. I would strongly suggest that this topic now lay dormant until a Mod closes it permanently.

A good day to you all. :graduated:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Whats the use of an automation script if you can't automate games with it? Let me rephrase my question: I'm interested in the problem that arouses when you try to send commands to some games. I'm not going to automate any games, I'm just wondering about the concept. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Let me enlighten you. To answer your question, I will list a few things one can automate that isn't a game.

1. Unicenter - A ticket system used by some companies. There can be many fields to navigate and some things can be quite repetitive.

2. login scripts - I use one to load my desktop with the apps I use everyday. It puts the windows where I want and so forth.

3. Installing software. That was the original idea of why AutoIt was created.

4. Auditing Office files - I have to edit a excel file that gets sent to me, tweak it to my needs, then upload the data into a different system. I made a script that does it all in a few seconds.

5. configuring PCs - when you have to do the same thing over and over with hundreds of machines, anything one can automate saves large amounts of time.

This is just a few, but I could list many more things (hundreds) over the years I have used AutoIt to solve. Hope this answers your question.

First off, a botter is nothing more than a cheater going by a different name. I'm glad easy-to-learn languages like AutoIt for us honest programmers, but the fact that people will use it to cheat, is a sad one indeed.

Now, Hawkpath, the fact that you chose to come here to ask for help is admirable, but (and yes I sat for about two hours reading old botter posts last night) the botting topic is a sore one for this particular community, and will more than likely remain so until AutoIt's devs stop working on it (which I hope is nowhere in the near future). Your best bet at this point is to search for a botting specific community, try to debug the code yourself, or just drop the project completely.

[quote]“Programming is like *ex: one mistake and you’re providing support for a lifetime.”(Michael Sinz)[/quote] [quote]“There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.”(Alan J. Perlis)[/quote]