Correct command for opening a network share window in Wn 7 64bit?

wreckage

Hello.

Can somebody please point me to a resource which will assist me in the below, or at least point me to the correct 'Help' page?

I'm currently using ShellExecute("\\server.name.com") to open a print server window, but I'd like to know if there's a way

of doing it without having the left pane open (Explorer-style, which is what happens).

Does anybody know the proper way to open a network share window and NOT have it display the left-hand pane?

Also, if the window 'view' could be forced to be 'details', that would be a bonus.

Any suggestions at all, please?

Thank-you

Change your explorer settings to remove the left pane and set your default folder view to 'Details'.

Hello, omikron.

Thank-you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood me.

I would like to know how to force the above settings using AutoIt. If it isn't possible, can somebody please advise.

Primarily, I would like to know the following:

Can somebody please point me to a resource which will assist me in the below, or at least point me to the correct 'Help' page?

I'm currently using ShellExecute("\\server.name.com") to open a print server window, but I'd like to know if there's a way

of doing it without having the left pane open (Explorer-style, which is what happens), and ALSO, is 'ShellExecute' the correct command to use anyway?

Thanks.

Hi wreckage

A possible work around might be to run the explorer.exe with some command line options

for example the command line:

explorer.exe /n,\\server.name.com

would open an explorer window the way you describe.

Havnt got autoit handy at the moment to test the code but i think this should work.

Hi wreckage

A possible work around might be to run the explorer.exe with some command line options

for example the command line:

explorer.exe /n,\\server.name.com

would open an explorer window the way you describe.

Havnt got autoit handy at the moment to test the code but i think this should work.

Thank-you, Carl. I will try this and let you know.

I appreciate the reply.

Cheers.