UDP crashing

Joboy2k

hey, i cant understand why this isnt working. it works fine on my other computer.

this is what im planning on doing. im making a messneger between my pc and my laptop.

its just a simple way of setting up downloads and starting programs on my other computer from my latop. this is the client side for my laptop

Global $Broadcast = StringLeft(@IPAddress1, StringInStr(@IPAddress1, ".", 0, 3)) & "255"
Global $port = 7892

;start main function
_main()
Func _main()

UDPStartup()
    $rsock = UDPBind($Broadcast, $port)
    If @error <> 0 Then 
        msgbox(0,0,"error here!")
        Exit
    EndIf
endfunc

now this works on my pc but just wont work on my laptop

but i can run the server side of this on the laptop which binds the exact same ip and port.

it has worked for about 3 days then decided to stop working. anyone know why?

sorry if its something stupid.

Edited by joboy2k

it has worked for about 3 days then decided to stop working. anyone know why?

Sure. Something has changed in those 3 days that has effected your script/program(S) from working as expected.

- source code. (you, or someone else, edited it before recompiling a new version.)

- OS. (some program changed something, this usually can happens when installing or deinstalling a application.)

- network. (some change in your router/hub/..., network config, new or removed network client change.)

- hardware. (some element is starting to lean to completely failing on you.)

:graduated:

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...