What can Auto-It do

Rewl

First off, let me apologize about thread about automation.

Now, on topic.

What can Auto-It script as in programs etc? I'm wondering if I should either just learn auto-it or go to something like c++.

Also, what have you guys been able to make in a short amount of time of learning Auto IT?

[size="1"]Programs: Draw Tool | [/size]

• Developers

Now, on topic.

What can Auto-It script as in programs etc? I'm wondering if I should either just learn auto-it or go to something like c++.

Also, what have you guys been able to make in a short amount of time of learning Auto IT?

What time have you spent reading the available info before posting this question?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm still pretty novice at it and I've managed to create some pretty intricate scripts. There are a lot of built-in functions that make it really simple to carry out complex tasks. I think AutoIT is a good way to start getting the hang of the basics of programing (loops, conditional statements, functions, problem solving methods, etc...). I've already began trying out programming in Python and I gotta tell you, I have a leg up on it because of AutoIT. As for some example scripts, feel free to browser through my signature :graduated:

• Moderators

Autoit is a dream language because is very easy to learn and offers you alot of functions to play with. C++ is the best programming language but you have to spend years to master it.

Says who, why?

I think the "best" language is the one that gets the job done efficiently and to the specs that are required.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

See my sig! :graduated:

Seriously though, with the many included functions as well as user developed functions, there isn't much autoit can't do, and being as it's BASIC-like, has a relatively low learning curve.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!