Running from CD if there are extra lower drive letters

Hi All:

I need some help running an AutoIT executable from the optical drive of a laptop, if something other than the drive with the CD in it is D:

HP laptops are an example, where HP has taken the D: for their recovery partition.

I have seen examples that use DriveGetDrive or DriveGetType to pop a message box, but I want to use either one of them to refer to a batch file on the CD.

What would that look like? I am still learning to set variables, and can't really see how to use something like "CDROM" or "NTFS" this way.

I am new to AutoIT - I was basically told to use it when I started in this job 3 weeks ago, but have no real help, so please assume I know nothing (a safe assumption).

Thanks,

Sam

Still working on this - Is there a way to combine DriveGetType and IsKeyword to make it choose an action based on the type of drive at D:? Say it is a CDROM - DriveGetType would spit out the word CDROM, which, if possible, I would pass to IsKeyword... How would that be done?

Just an update, FYI...

I ended up using @Comspec and the .msi files, WinActivate and WinWaitActive, using Send commands to pass the keyboard input to the installer.

SplashText to cover the untidy mess, BlockInput to make sure nobody peeks while all of that is going on.

So, more than one way to get to the goal.

Thanks for your help.

Sam